Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Holy Cross (Covington) at Newport Central Catholic (Class 1A)
Ncc
they will have to go through somerset. I will tell you right now they are better than you think!
^ Who is better than you think?
I think this will be a very competitive game. This will be the closest playoff game that NCC has played in 2A since Coach Eviston has been the head coach. Whoever wins, wins by less than 14 imo
Wideleft01 Wrote:With the ever increasing cost of tuition, Highlands is taking kids from them right now. There's kids at Highlands who had both parents go to Newcath. If you actually toured both facilities, it's real difficult not to go to Highlands. NCC is a good school though. I just think academics, facilities, and football are not even a comparison. NCC does a great job with what they have. That's more a compliment to Highlands than a knock against NCC.

Also, NCC bailed on the freshmen game against Highlands last year 3 days before the game when they faced an insurmountable task. A real lack of character IMO. It would be just as one-sided in Freshmen and JV ball. In varsity its a running clock by early 2nd qtr.
NCC cancelled their game against Highlands last year because NCC was in the Freshmen playoffs and played Scott for the championship game the day that game was scheduled for against Highlands. Always gotta be hatin' on NCC. What a waste of time!!!
How did this turn into a Highlands vs NCC thread?
1spiritedfan Wrote:NCC cancelled their game against Highlands last year because NCC was in the Freshmen playoffs and played Scott for the championship game the day that game was scheduled for against Highlands. Always gotta be hatin' on NCC. What a waste of time!!!

They had two weeks left where they could have played the game. They put in an extra rd of little small team playoffs. They cancelled three days before the game, yet players were out in the community weeks before that date saying they might cancel. Cancelling was the plan all along after they saw what they had versus what Highlands had on their team.

All you have to do is take a look at last years NCC freshmen football photo and you can quickly tell that cancelling the game was a wise idea for NCC. It would have been 100-0 if Highlands wanted it to be. To me it looked like a choir photo. Just ask Boyle Co who manned up and took NCC's whipping for them that week. NCC's tactics of cancelling games aren't fooling any real knowledgeable people. Maybe little kids in grade school don't see thru it, but everyone else does. I predict a rapid deterioration in the product NC puts on the field over the next few season. That's not a knock against the coach either. He's the only salvation NCC has.
How did this turn into a NCC-Highlands thread?
NCC has never been able to play with HHS or COVCATH year after year,heck little Beechwood beat them so how weak is 2A.
Beechwood isn't so little. They are a top 15 team in the state, no matter what class they are in
oldbird Wrote:NCC has never been able to play with HHS or COVCATH year after year,heck little Beechwood beat them so how weak is 2A.
How many starters were out when they played NCC and still beat them and you think they were a top 15 at that time.
oldbird Wrote:NCC has never been able to play with HHS or COVCATH year after year,heck little Beechwood beat them so how weak is 2A.

:thatsfunn
beechwood isnt little, only lost to covcath by 12, which is the second best team is 4A, and one of the top teams in the state.
The NCC bashing, Highlands loving, and rub your little brothers head BW chat is getting old on this thread. start a new one for that. It all sounds like good lovin gone bad.
Lets get back to NCC and Holy Cross. I believe it will be close. If HolyCross can come out on fire like they have on of and def they can pull off a win. It will take a really good game for it to happen.
tooth doc Wrote:How did this turn into a NCC-Highlands thread?
Because EVERY thread that involves NCC turns into a NCC-Highlands thread, thanks to Wideleft........he doesn't have anything better to do than consently talk bad about NCC
NCC is king of the N.Ky 2A mountain until being knocked off. HC keeps it close but the Breds pull away late, winning 36-21.
tooth doc Wrote:How did this turn into a NCC-Highlands thread?
someone has NCC envyConfusedhh:
nky Wrote:someone has NCC envyConfusedhh:

Did he get cut from tue team? Should it be wideleftoffthe field? I am an HC fan but have a lot of NCC friends, like to keep it clean. Besides who wants to hear the crying.
NCC-34
Holy-20
Crossback Wrote:Did he get cut from tue team? Should it be wideleftoffthe field? I am an HC fan but have a lot of NCC friends, like to keep it clean. Besides who wants to hear the crying.
It gets old
Crossback Wrote:The NCC bashing, Highlands loving, and rub your little brothers head BW chat is getting old on this thread. start a new one for that. It all sounds like good lovin gone bad.
Lets get back to NCC and Holy Cross. I believe it will be close. If HolyCross can come out on fire like they have on of and def they can pull off a win. It will take a really good game for it to happen.

finally, someone with some sense. :thanks:
Is Hightchew back to 100%?
toussaints Wrote:Is Hightchew back to 100%?
Yes...ready for Friday
1spiritedfan Wrote:Yes...ready for Friday

I know he'll be ready for friday, but has the ankle fully recovered, or recovered just enough? I know Brady, he'll play no matter what.
I know people near this and the swelling was completely gone for friday's game. Yes I would say 100% no excuses on this one.
Did I ever tell you about the time NCC cancelled a freshman game because they didn't want to get slapped down by Highlands?

As much as I'd love Holy Cross to win so I could make a donation to them, they still lose.
If the defences play well, I think Holy Cross's special teams are much better.Fuller's punts are pretty good and usualy pinned to the sideline.If NCC punts straight away it could be points for HC. Everyone has done well returning kick offs & punts againt NCC. Pick NCC by a TD in the 4th.
I think NCC is better in the trenches, but HC is better at the skill positions. It will be interesting to see this week, but I would like to see HC win this one. It is time for someone new to start winning some in NKY. I think BW, NCC, Highlands are great programs, but if someone else won one I would be ok with that
Im an NCC fan so i want NCC to win, but if they lose I will be hoping HC wins out they would deserve it.
Wideleft01 Wrote:More of a testament to how weak 2a class is as a whole. Also, another blackeye on the 6 Class system where a weak sister like NCC, who can't beat a Class 1A team, can win a state title.

Last season NCC won a class 2A title and also lost to a Class 1A team. A Class 1A team that was eliminated during the playoffs. If you win a state title, but have a loss to a team in a lower class, your title should get an *asterik.

This is when your posts become utterly ridiculous and completely unfounded.:biglmao: Don't make the NCC loss to Beechwood as bad as you are trying to make it sound. Beechwood beat two 6A teams and that should never EVER happen! The only loss that Beechwood had was the the #2 3A school in the state by 12 points. So lets not make Beechwood sound like the poor little 1A team. They, as well as Mayfield, are as far from being the typical 1A team as Trinity is being the typical 6A team.

NCC is on equal playing grounds in 2A. Beechwood is NOT!
Stardust Wrote:This is when your posts become utterly ridiculous and completely unfounded.:biglmao: Don't make the NCC loss to Beechwood as bad as you are trying to make it sound. Beechwood beat two 6A teams and that should never EVER happen! The only loss that Beechwood had was the the #2 3A school in the state by 12 points. So lets not make Beechwood sound like the poor little 1A team. They, as well as Mayfield, are as far from being the typical 1A team as Trinity is being the typical 6A team.

NCC is on equal playing grounds in 2A. Beechwood is NOT!

NCC is not on Beechwood's level. Beechwood handled them with their 3rd string QB. Beechwood owns that series too.