Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highlands vs. Covington Catholic 11/18
sstack Wrote:I am one HHS fan that does not think it is going to be as close. I do not think HHS will win in a blowout either. Turn overs and penalties will be big for both teams.

i like to assume that it will be a great matchup. Then if it is close you are prepared, and if it is a blow-out then oh well i was wrong with a big smile on my face.

this cov cath team has been studying film on the birds for weeks now. Highlands D had their hands full last time. I think a very close game is on a high probability.
birdman44 Wrote:i like to assume that it will be a great matchup. Then if it is close you are prepared, and if it is a blow-out then oh well i was wrong with a big smile on my face.

this cov cath team has been studying film on the birds for weeks now. Highlands D had their hands full last time. I think a very close game is on a high probability.

As have Highlands, they have watched film of every one of their games this year. I think the D will be ready.
sstack Wrote:As have Highlands, they have watched film of every one of their games this year. I think the D will be ready.

the D will be ready, but that covcath OLine is for real. not to mention a couple of key birds will not be playing.

it will either be close in the first 2 qrts and Highlands steadily pulls away for a 2-4 TD win.

or it will be a slugfest of offenses ending close by a TD or FG.

If Highlands stays clear of adding up mistakes and turnovers they should win.
Highlands 42-37
Highlands does have some injuries. Luckily there are capable replacements. I look for Highlands to keep scoring on almost every series. It's hard to beat a team that you can't stop. I also look for Highlands to do a better job defensively this game. If Highlands doesn't turn the ball over they win. Highlands will get about 8-9 posessions this game. It depends on what they do with those opportunities.
How has CCH's o line been since losing one of the starters to a season-ending injury a couple weeks ago? I heard he was one of their top o linemen.
^ Obviously no issues this week
Stardust Wrote:^ Obviously no issues this week

That is true they were very good especially in pass protection. Ashland was able to make a couple stops in the backfield for the running game but I don't remember us hitting the qb all night.
Didn't the Birds have around 10 penalties for 120 yards friday against JC? They can't do that against Cov Cath or it will be bye bye birdies. Hopefully both teams come out prepared to play their best game.
HIghlands wins
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:That is true they were very good especially in pass protection. Ashland was able to make a couple stops in the backfield for the running game but I don't remember us hitting the qb all night.

I think the run blocking was better than the pass blocking from the rushing stats.
every time they ran a run play im guessing everyone got their block cause I think Grey had multiple super long TD runs. dont know exact stats...
birdman44 Wrote:I think the run blocking was better than the pass blocking from the rushing stats.
every time they ran a run play im guessing everyone got their block cause I think Grey had multiple super long TD runs. dont know exact stats...

CC–Grey 63 run (Talkers kick)
CC–Beatrice 25 run (Talkers kick)
CC–Grey 60 run (Talkers kick)
CC–Dressman 1 run (Talkers kick)
CC–Grey 23 run (Talkers kick)
PB–McLeod 2 run (pass good)
Records: CC 10-2, PB 9-3
Stardust Wrote:^ Obviously no issues this week

birdman44 Wrote:I think the run blocking was better than the pass blocking from the rushing stats.

Oh the run blocking was good I didn't mean that as a criticizement but as good as the run blocking was and how good Ashlands pass rush had been the pass blocking was flawless.
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:Oh the run blocking was good I didn't mean that as a criticizement but as good as the run blocking was and how good Ashlands pass rush had been the pass blocking was flawless.

It wasn't taken that way. My comment was not directed at Ashland as much as it was to reply to the posters question about the line being OK after injuries. CCH, just like any of the teams that played this weekend would not be 2 weeks into the playoffs if they could not fill-in for injuries. Every team has them.
im going with cov cath in this rematch. they know how to play highlands now. all they gotta do is contain towels in the run game. his passing game isnt that effective but he can burn it up on the ground. all they have to do is have the de's contain him and cov cath wins.
rockfan11 Wrote:im going with cov cath in this rematch. they know how to play highlands now. all they gotta do is contain towels in the run game. his passing game isnt that effective but he can burn it up on the ground. all they have to do is have the de's contain him and cov cath wins.

Have you seen Highlands lately? Towles has not been running very much since the Elder game.
Wise one Wrote:Have you seen Highlands lately? Towles has not been running very much since the Elder game.

Yeah, it is down right foolish to say PT's passing is ineffective. He slices up secondaries. Plus he has some crazy good weapons. You should check out his stats (they are for playing only the first half for most games).
All Cov Cath has to do is keep him off the field to win.
rockfan11 Wrote:im going with cov cath in this rematch. they know how to play highlands now. all they gotta do is contain towels in the run game. his passing game isnt that effective but he can burn it up on the ground. all they have to do is have the de's contain him and cov cath wins.

Wow, you're obviously a student of the game. You're right, of course. PT ran all night long against JC because his passing game is so ineffective. It was so bad that it was embarrassing, squeaking his way to 400+ yards. I'll bet UK makes a linebacker out of him after this performance.:drooling::gtfo:
Wise one Wrote:Have you seen Highlands lately? Towles has not been running very much since the Elder game.

yeah the elder game was only 3 games ago, highlands has only played three close games this year, well you cant count boyle as a close game so we'll say two. so against cov cath he was 8/14, and elder he went out early so we cant count that. if highlands wants to win, towles need to be almost perfect in passing.
rockfan11 Wrote:yeah the elder game was only 3 games ago, highlands has only played three close games this year, well you cant count boyle as a close game so we'll say two. so against cov cath he was 8/14, and elder he went out early so we cant count that. if highlands wants to win, towles need to be almost perfect in passing.

39 touchdowns, 1 interception

http://preps.cincinnati.com/Football/Tea.../Highlands
featuring Covington Catholic playing at four-time defending state champion Highlands, which won the regular-season matchup, 42-37

http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll...111140315/
Bluebirds

This has to be the most ignorant post I have ever seen on here!
sstack Wrote:This has to be the most ignorant post I have ever seen on here!

Highlands by two to three td's... Cov Cath will see a different defense than they saw in the first game and as much as I hate to see Ozzie get hurt they have other players that can fill in. I just hope Towles can complete a pass, apparently he's been struggling this year???
:biglmao: This one left me speechless!:biglmao:

Oh, you saw "TowEls" play then. The HHS QB is "TowLes". You obviously saw the wrong QB and that explains how incredibly wrong your post is.
Im ready to see CCH win this one
I saw patrick play last year as a junior and he was the best qb I've ever seen then I can only imagine now. Didn't Chris Collinsworth say he makes throws that some guys in the NFL don't make? Coming from a guy that played with boomer essiason and Ken Anderson I'd say he would know an effective qb when he sees it.
At this football game what percentage of people watching would you guess are neither bird fans nor covcath fans?

HHS fans 70%
CCHS fans 25%
other 5%

My original thought after reading this comment was "What is this person smokin'?" but thought I must have read it wrong. Upon reconsideration, I am convinced that they have been out of touch with KY HS football for quite some time.