Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scores from Saturday Oct 23 games
Thats what I got for my bracket.
It seems like Frankfort is a force this year....is it their size, speed, or do they just have domination on several skilled positions?
BIG RN Wrote:I don't know about the incident of you counting exactly 11 Farnsley players flipping you the bird but I do know #22 at the seventh grade for union GOT EJECTED for calling a Farnsley 7th grader a N I G - E R while on the field. FACT and a matter of game record. Farnsley has respect for Union players and coaches a like. I just hope this one viewer finds a crying towel and finds something better to say about both group of boys that gave everything they had:haters::haters:
You are right, that was classless.

Farnsley 7th has 2 of the best running duo's(#6 and #27) I have seen. However, I would be shocked if they are only 12 years old. I would guess they have been held back a year or two.
Well I have no clue about the age of 6 and 27 but by rule as long as they don't turn 14 before aug 1st they can play 7th. Just like a player can play as long as he doesn't turn 15 before Aug 1st. Union has 2 players which fit this description on their 8th grade team.

I would be interested to know (I don't remember his number 21 or 22 and 2 maybe) on Union 7th grade team's age/month year. The one is one heck of a receiver and just seems so much more developed then even his teammates.

It is a pretty common thing for teams with the average oldest age to perform at a higher level at this level of play. You see it in all sports. I believe Dave Cisar did a study on it a few years ago. I would not be surprised if the top 2 to 4 teams every year in the playoffs have a higher average age.
#22 is only 12 or may have just turned 13. All of the Union 7th graders are 12 except there are around 3 or 4 who turned 13 after August 1st. We have played in tournaments where you cannot turn 13 until after August 1st, which is the reason I know. Birth certs are required.

I believe the Union 8th has 1 or 2 kids that were held back a year, but none are 15.
Prepare to be shocked, the twins from Farnsley are true 7th graders and are 12. Both outstanding students and people. Always smiling and good natured. Probably why it hurt when the incident with the racial slur happened.
eagle83 Wrote:It seems like Frankfort is a force this year....is it their size, speed, or do they just have domination on several skilled positions?

It is they all have heart, a team with bout 18 player's mostly 7th grader's. i believe there are bout 8 8th grader's rest 6th grader's. FMS does not have a huge selection of kid's. But they all have played in the FYFL and know one another and most have played on same team there. Some size and skill, but like their coach told me, they are conditioned to play longer than 32 min's of football and have a lot of heart and determination. but now they will be going up against a team with size and speed. But the do not get inimidated much. they know they are there to have fun and take every opportunity they get. and all the kid's age 11-13.
Great to see all of these teams playing their hearts out this weekend. Should be setup for some exciting matchups this weekend.
sg260573 Wrote:#22 is only 12 or may have just turned 13. All of the Union 7th graders are 12 except there are around 3 or 4 who turned 13 after August 1st. We have played in tournaments where you cannot turn 13 until after August 1st, which is the reason I know. Birth certs are required.

I believe the Union 8th has 1 or 2 kids that were held back a year, but none are 15.

I might of phrased that incorrectly. I was meaning there are 2 players that will turn 15 this school year on the 8th grade team.
24-14 CAL over Henry Co.