Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Morgan County Cougars 89 - Elliott County Lions 78
"Nike Man" Wrote:Just an observer, Sorry my whining is bothering you. I'll try to tone it down. :yesno:

I would be greatly appreciated........:thumb:
"Nike Man" Wrote:No problem, I like thefact you support your coach. Jut don't throw me excuses when they lose. Seems like he never gives credit to the team he loses to. It's always some statistic or foul ratio or something off the wall that some hollywood coach would say. He get his butt outcoached just like every other coach. Enough said. good luck in the district.

The fact that he understands the importance of stats and you evidently don't, tells me that either you're not a coach or at least not a real good one (nothing personal). Stats are the measuring stick that coaches use from game to game to mark progress or lack there of. If a team beats you on offensive and defensive rebounding it means no second chance points for you and more second chance points for them=possible loss. Foul ratios do unfrotunately play a part in the outcome of a game in many ways.If one team is getting to the foul line more times than the other. Free throws are an important statistic. I have never heard Coach Perry make an "Off the wall" comment in post game interviews so if you could or would please be more specific and give us an example. Finally as far as Hollywood Coaches go when the movie is over they can go back and lay by the pool real coaches have to start analyzing game film to find where let downs were made and figure out how to make adjustments to fix them. Again this ain't personal. Just another opinion. :Wave:
Here we go talking about how incredible this guy breaks down film. He looks at stats the way every coach does. He' not an innovator! Trust me!! Has he made a mistake this seaon in a loss? I doubt it? Not whining, jut tired of hearing about how he so much better than every other coach.
Just take a break from all your Perry bashing. Very immature to say the least.
congrats
"Yellow Snow" Wrote:Just take a break from all your Perry bashing. Very immature to say the least.

I agree:baby: and by the way Nike u side stepped my invitation to give specific examples. Might help your credibility as a poster if u could!
I have seen Morgan County play several times in the past 4 years, even been on the opposing bench, I can say honestly that Coach Perry is one of the best coaches I have seen and the best in the 16th region. He prepares his teams well, brings out the talent in them and is a class act. If the region had more coaches like him not only would the quality of basketball go up but the quality of the young men that play it as well.
"Dream" Wrote:I have seen Morgan County play several times in the past 4 years, even been on the opposing bench, I can say honestly that Coach Perry is one of the best coaches I have seen and the best in the 16th region. He prepares his teams well, brings out the talent in them and is a class act. If the region had more coaches like him not only would the quality of basketball go up but the quality of the young men that play it as well.

Looks as if you may need to tutor Nike Man in Basketball Coaching 101....:rock:
"Yellow Snow" Wrote:Looks as if you may need to tutor Nike Man in Basketball Coaching 101....:rock:
Be nice Yellow snow. I'm tryingto be a good guy on here today. :Cheerlead :giveup:
"Dream" Wrote:I have seen Morgan County play several times in the past 4 years, even been on the opposing bench, I can say honestly that Coach Perry is one of the best coaches I have seen and the best in the 16th region. He prepares his teams well, brings out the talent in them and is a class act. If the region had more coaches like him not only would the quality of basketball go up but the quality of the young men that play it as well.

Couldn't have been said any better:Thumbs: and from an opposing player. That says alot about your character.

..Well said.:thumb:
"Nike Man" Wrote:Be nice Yellow snow. I'm tryingto be a good guy on here today. :Cheerlead :giveup:

Indeed you have, Nike Man. I'm still waiting for that 'positive post' about Matthew Perry as a person. How 'bout it?
"Nike Man" Wrote:Be nice Yellow snow. I'm tryingto be a good guy on here today. :Cheerlead :giveup:

Nike Man.......PM me and I'll see about getting you a 'bench pass' for Morgan's next game so you can get up close and personal with Perry. May actually change your mind about the guy.......Confusedecret:
Morgan keeps on rolling.....The McCowan kid has really impressed me with his FG %, not to mention Elliot Co. is a solid team. Good job Cougars.
Matthew used to sit in front of the T.V. when he was around 12 year's old with a paper and pencil and work on play's he thought might have helped his team win. Evidently it did something for him because he started coaching 4 or 5 year's ago and has been winning ever since!!!!!!!!!![U]
.....and just how do you know this about Perry?
Greatness in any field requires almost total immersion in that area of learning. One indication of Matthew Perry's overwhelming involvement in basketball comes from when he was a very young and very small boy. He hung out at the playground all day while merely hoping that the older, bigger boys would let him play basketball with them. He already loved and was fascinated by his favorite sport.
Congrats