Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rowan @ Johnson central
Johnson Central should get the win. Rowan County has struggled with defense this year and JC is pretty solid.
JC wins. Not gonna say the win is gonna be by a big margin.

Jude puts up some big numbers on senior night.
Johnson Central will win, Rowan's defense has been very suspect all year. Both teams will put up some points though.
I got the Eagles as a 10.5 point favorite. I look for the Eagles rushing attack to eat up a lot of time and keep Rowan's offense off the field. If Rowans D is not slowing JC down forcing the Eagles to grind then Rowan Co is in a shoot-out they can't win.
Jc-42
RC-28
Central
Rowan will score a little more than they did against Ashland cause they are healthy. That being said they could play the best d they played all year and still not stop Jude.

JC 45

Rowan 21
Rowan will score a little more than they did against Ashland cause they are healthy. That being said they could play the best d they played all year and still not stop Jude.

JC 45

Rowan 21
one thing about they will be plenty of talent on the field im thinking about coming to jc to watch this one.Should be plenty of offense and after watching uk i would welcome some offense lol.
BADCAT74 Wrote:Rowan pulls off the upset!

Healthy an a great offense looks like a shootout to me. Probably who has ball last wins this one! If Boyd scored 20 on them Rowan will score 40+
I'll say
Rowan 47
JCC 40
I will go out on a limb and say if Rowan scores 47 on JC then JC will not win AND will not win another game this season including the playoffs. This will probably open up a can of worms but JC's defense may be their strong suit. Perry Central scored 35 on JC the second game of the season. IMHO Perry would be lucky to score twice on JC now. Perrsonell and scheme has changed. Granted this is a much weaker schedule than in years past, but if my memory is correct the starting D has only given up TWO touchdowns in the last five games. One on the first drive of the canada game, there could have been one more in that game, and a 90+ yard TD pass on the first play of the game against Logan. I don't keep up with WVA football but they were telling at the logan game that they were ranked number three in 3a and GW is ranked number two. Logan was completly dominated by our defense.

I'll take JC in this one.
Eagle Pride 90` Wrote:I will go out on a limb and say if Rowan scores 47 on JC then JC will not win AND will not win another game this season including the playoffs. This will probably open up a can of worms but JC's defense may be their strong suit. Perry Central scored 35 on JC the second game of the season. IMHO Perry would be lucky to score twice on JC now. Perrsonell and scheme has changed. Granted this is a much weaker schedule than in years past, but if my memory is correct the starting D has only given up TWO touchdowns in the last five games. One on the first drive of the canada game, there could have been one more in that game, and a 90+ yard TD pass on the first play of the game against Logan. I don't keep up with WVA football but they were telling at the logan game that they were ranked number three in 3a and GW is ranked number two. Logan was completly dominated by our defense.

I agree about the defense being much improved from the first couple of games season.
Eagle Pride 90` Wrote:I will go out on a limb and say if Rowan scores 47 on JC then JC will not win AND will not win another game this season including the playoffs. This will probably open up a can of worms but JC's defense may be their strong suit. Perry Central scored 35 on JC the second game of the season. IMHO Perry would be lucky to score twice on JC now. Perrsonell and scheme has changed. Granted this is a much weaker schedule than in years past, but if my memory is correct the starting D has only given up TWO touchdowns in the last five games. One on the first drive of the canada game, there could have been one more in that game, and a 90+ yard TD pass on the first play of the game against Logan. I don't keep up with WVA football but they were telling at the logan game that they were ranked number three in 3a and GW is ranked number two. Logan was completly dominated by our defense.

I agree, the defense certainly is looking better since PCC. However, we also haven't played another team of that caliber since then, either. Those guys had speed at receiver we won't see again all year. I would like to think that with the experience they've picked up since then, they'd do a better job in a rematch, yes. Guess we'll find out how they do against another pair of top-notch QB's soon enough.
Diogenes Wrote:I agree, the defense certainly is looking better since PCC. However, we also haven't played another team of that caliber since then, either. Those guys had speed at receiver we won't see again all year. I would like to think that with the experience they've picked up since then, they'd do a better job in a rematch, yes. Guess we'll find out how they do against another pair of top-notch QB's soon enough.
I hate to disagree with you again because I think you are as informed and knowlegable about JC as anybody on here but PCC is very overrated and we made them look much better than they are. I think Rowan will be very comparable to PCC. The team I would hate to play today after some conditioning and practice would be canada.
Johnson Central 56-28.
JC by three scores
This might be a better game than most expect. The next few weeks will show how Johnson will fare in the playoffs this year. They have one of the best backs, but the line is where the holes are made. I am sure Johnson is favored. Should be a great game.
Diogenes Wrote:I agree, the defense certainly is looking better since PCC. However, we also haven't played another team of that caliber since then, either. Those guys had speed at receiver we won't see again all year. I would like to think that with the experience they've picked up since then, they'd do a better job in a rematch, yes. Guess we'll find out how they do against another pair of top-notch QB's soon enough.

You will see that kind of speed again at WR if you make it in the playoffs to match up with Highlands.
sstack Wrote:You will see that kind of speed again at WR if you make it in the playoffs to match up with Highlands.

I think in terms of raw speed, what Perry Central puts on the field at receiver is probably even faster. Don't sell them short until you see them.

Their QB isn't as good at Towles, and their coaching is definitely not as good. If those three guys were at Highlands, they'd be a Trinity-level team. Rankin, Pray, and Beatty are an insanely fast trio for one high school team. Where Highlands gets you is not with one individual being fast, but every player on the team is fast, and their backups are just about as fast. It's team speed.

I don't think either Rowan County or Ashland will present that kind of speed at WR, although I think both QBs (Wing and Hunter) are probably better than Huff. I think you'll see lots of pressure being brought by JC against Wing in an attempt to chase him all over the field and not give him time to find receivers. Against Ashland, on the other hand...pick your poison. Hunter seems to throw better rolling and moving than in the pocket, based on the couple of games I've seen him play.
Everyone seems to forget the speed that WR Phillip Hodge brings to the table along with his ability to make defenders look flat out stupid trying to even touch him. As far as team speed goes, Williamson Hodge and Baker were all apart of the 4x1 and 4x2 relay teams that went to state last year and all can run at least 4.5 40's
Diogenes Wrote:I think in terms of raw speed, what Perry Central puts on the field at receiver is probably even faster. Don't sell them short until you see them.

Their QB isn't as good at Towles, and their coaching is definitely not as good. If those three guys were at Highlands, they'd be a Trinity-level team. Rankin, Pray, and Beatty are an insanely fast trio for one high school team. Where Highlands gets you is not with one individual being fast, but every player on the team is fast, and their backups are just about as fast. It's team speed.

I don't think either Rowan County or Ashland will present that kind of speed at WR, although I think both QBs (Wing and Hunter) are probably better than Huff. I think you'll see lots of pressure being brought by JC against Wing in an attempt to chase him all over the field and not give him time to find receivers. Against Ashland, on the other hand...pick your poison. Hunter seems to throw better rolling and moving than in the pocket, based on the couple of games I've seen him play.

I agree with your comment about Highlands overall team speed, but their WR's have excellent speed also. Sheehan ran in the track state meet and runs 11.3, 100 meters. Collinsworth and McCoy did not run track, but I was told they are faster than Sheehan. That's pretty good speed for your top three WR's. Maybe your top three can run faster than a 11.3, 100 meters, but I think you will be hard pressed to find many, if any teams with that kind of speed.
sstack Wrote:I agree with your comment about Highlands overall team speed, but their WR's have excellent speed also. Sheehan ran in the track state meet and runs 11.3, 100 meters. Collinsworth and McCoy did not run track, but I was told they are faster than Sheehan. That's pretty good speed for your top three WR's. Maybe your top three can run faster than a 11.3, 100 meters, but I think you will be hard pressed to find many, if any teams with that kind of speed.

By the way, Sheehan (Highlands) came in 7th in the 100 meters at state and Rankin (PCC) came in 20th. Beatty did not make it to state and averages about 12.01 to 12.26 in the 100 meters ( I do not call this great speed).
Johnson Central
I really belive rowan has a real chance to pull of the upset.imo it will take there best game and some mistakes by jc.
Rowan is a dangerous team because of their offense. Nobody thought they'd beat Lawrence County last year, so I'm not ruling them out in this one. They'll have to play their best game of the season to do so. What's the status of the big DT Keonte Moore? Is he close to being back? I saw Rowan twice last year and was very impressed by him...it was a tough blow to that defense losing him in the preseason.

Central's Achilles heal through the years has been teams who pass well and who's QB's are mobile and can take off and gain yardage with their legs when the pass is covered or the pocket breaks down. Central also typically plays man coverage on receivers with only one safety or no safety help at all. Wing is an accurate QB who can exploit that in the short game or by throwing over the top. I'm interested to see if JC changes their approach in this game. I suspect they wont and they'll pin their ears back and blitz all night, not giving Wing much time in the pocket, but also leaving themselves vulnerable to the big play.

Rowan wont be able to stop JC's ground game though, which is why JC should win. RC needs to force turnovers to win. JC needs to hold on to the ball and not shoot themselves in the foot with penalties.

As a Rowan alum who lives in Johnson County, I've been looking forward to this game all year and I hope its a great game. Rowan's program has come a long way and this is an opportunity for them to make a statement. In the end, I think Central holds on to win a wild one 55-42.
Wing is a good QB. Jude is a monster. I think this one will be a lot closer than some people are saying. I'll go JC 35 Rowan- 28
redsfan01 Wrote:Rowan is a dangerous team because of their offense. Nobody thought they'd beat Lawrence County last year, so I'm not ruling them out in this one. They'll have to play their best game of the season to do so. What's the status of the big DT Keonte Moore? Is he close to being back? I saw Rowan twice last year and was very impressed by him...it was a tough blow to that defense losing him in the preseason.

Central's Achilles heal through the years has been teams who pass well and who's QB's are mobile and can take off and gain yardage with their legs when the pass is covered or the pocket breaks down. Central also typically plays man coverage on receivers with only one safety or no safety help at all. Wing is an accurate QB who can exploit that in the short game or by throwing over the top. I'm interested to see if JC changes their approach in this game. I suspect they wont and they'll pin their ears back and blitz all night, not giving Wing much time in the pocket, but also leaving themselves vulnerable to the big play.

Rowan wont be able to stop JC's ground game though, which is why JC should win. RC needs to force turnovers to win. JC needs to hold on to the ball and not shoot themselves in the foot with penalties.

As a Rowan alum who lives in Johnson County, I've been looking forward to this game all year and I hope its a great game. Rowan's program has come a long way and this is an opportunity for them to make a statement. In the end, I think Central holds on to win a wild one 55-42.

You think because they beat Lawerence County last year they will win? Lawerence Co. played 2 teams with winning records last year and lost to both.
Johnson Central by 3+ touchdowns
I'm going to take Johnson Central...But I expect senior QB Adam Wing to have a good game for the Vikings.
Wings a real competitor, he never did get down on himself during the Ashland game, even when they were 3-4 scores down he led his team like they were in the lead the whole time. He's a special player an there really talented offensively, I just wonder what, if any difference these players they have gotten back will help on the defensive side?
It seems doubtful that Moore will play again this season, but he does have his cast and boot off but still has rehab to go through.