•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good Tumblers in the 15th
Dana Conn from Betsy Layne had a pretty full thrown today.
yea really her and Kendra Case
Kendra's was a half.. I didn't really understand why they had Dana going before her either, since she is the one with the full??
did any1 happen 2 catch mary helen and Cara williamsons full from pike central-- there fulls were AWESOME!!!!!!!
Well i myself think that pikeville can out tumble anyone they choose... and this whole thing is crap your fighting over cheerleading--- get over it
I have noticed that Betsy Layne and Johnson Central are two squads with some very good tumblers...
Some I know of are the Kendra girl (BL) and Megan Reel (JC) and also a good tumbler that has an awesome tuck... it's way high, is Rebecca Haut from JC and she is only a Freshman. So I look for her to become awesome within the next few years too.
Nikki Presley (before she was injured) and Brittany Moore (an 8th grader) from SCHS. Nikki could do a round-off full-hand-hand-full and a standing 3 and a full. Brittany is working on round-off hand whip hand full.
Jordan Looney,Abby Runyon and Lakan Looney.Sara Ratliff????? I would say she was a good cheerleader if she had any class @ all.Getting GO WARRIORS!!!!!! :Cheerlead
Confusedtickoutt i myself think that alyssa cline is most defiently the best tumbler around here... and yes she has thrown her double full before and can also do a standing 1 handspring full.........:omg:
I agree, Alyssa is very talented, she has very good transitions. Bounder fulls are an extremely difficult transition. I haven't seen many people doing them, one was her sister, Stephanie and the other is the girl from Hazard, but Alyssa's are by far the best aesthically.
East Ridge's Lakan and Jordan Looney can tumble with the best of them. Awesome boy and girl team right there.
Who would have ver thought that people would be posting about cheerleading. Good luck to all the squads.
There is a girl from Lawerence County that is a great tumbler, I do not know her name but she does super fast passes and beautiful fulls
i watched pikevilles tumbling for the starting line up for their basketball team and the tumbling look great
i also watched east ridges tumbling it was good too
I am tired of all the Johnson Central slamming. It is a shame that the Sublet girl has her name posted on her everytime you read this thread. It is clear who her mother is and who another mother of a child on the Black Squad that quit the competition squad are, case closed. Some parents are not able to be satisfied with thier kids in a team evironment. Cheerleading is a team activity and no one child should be highlighted. I think the JC squad is as weak as they have been for a long time. The bottom line is you can have tumblers who do a hundred fulls, it does no good if your mounts always fall and one mount has fallen for two years now in most competitons. I will address what is wrong in the next few paragraphs.

The problem is not Mrs. Sturgill. She lays out a good program and works the kids hard. The problem is with kids and parents who are not commited to the competion level. It takes a great deal of practice, conditioning and commitment to compete at the State level in any sport and it is just not here with this group as a whole this year.

In most sports programs at the high school level only the kids that have the abiltity and work ethic to suceed make the team. This is can be a hard lesson, but a fact. JC should not have three cheerleading squads. This rewards a lot of kids and parents who do not want to work, and it distracts from Mrs. Sturgill's time. The parents of the girls that do not make the competion squad, or quit, are always the ones that cause all the problems. My soultion, pick one squad and concentrate all the efforts and time on these kids. Don't most schools do this anyway?

JC has several girls who have the talent to make any team, not only in this region, but on national teams and could participate on the college level. They have chosen to stay with thier friends and school. It is not fair to these kids who have the abiltiy to bring honor to JCHS and themselves, to have to be part of a group of kids and parents who are not commited to the same.
[quote author=Ridge Runner link=topic=19228.msg181699#msg181699 date=1139920147]
JC has quite a few GOOD tumblers. Two I noticed were:

Chelsy Webb (Jr)
Kayla Sublett (Fr)

The Webb girl throws in alot of different tumbles. The Sublett girl made dizzy one game. I counted 12 back hand spings in a row as she tumbled from one end of the court to the other. But, alot of those girls can throw it. Good Job girls!
[/quote]

RR:  Why would you mention these girls from JC and not include Megan Reel?   Megan can do everything the Webb and Sublet girls throw - and then some!  They all have been working on their fulls, but Megan is the only one who does it.  She doesn't stick it all the time, but she's getting better and probably getting more confident.    She has been doing back hand springs the length of the floor since grade school. 
[quote author=thetribe link=topic=19228.msg199845#msg199845 date=1141153082]
East Ridge's Lakan and Jordan Looney can tumble with the best of them. Awesome boy and girl team right there.
[/quote]

Jordan Looney? Please... he can do what? A roundoff hand tuck... big deal... Lakan can do her full and I've seen her do it many times but let's not get carried away with Jordan... he's definately not one of the best...
Alyssa Cline.. DEFINATELY! #1 in the 15th..no doubt..
[quote author=Blondie link=topic=19228.msg199650#msg199650 date=1141137985]
Jordan Looney,Abby Runyon and Lakan Looney.Sara Ratliff????? I would say she was a good cheerleader if she had any class @ all.Getting in our cheerleaders faces is disrespectful we havnt forgotten about that.But she also got the crap knocked out of her too so idk why ppl r saying shes a good cheerleader but oh well.We'll see!GO WARRIORS!!!!!! :Cheerlead
[/quote]

If I recall correctly that girl was in Sara's face when she landed her backhandsprings, therefore I do not see why she is being called rude. Honestly she is one of the nicest people I have ever had the honor of being acquainted with. And when did she ever get the crap knocked out of her?? By the way she must be an awesome cheerleader because she just made it to be an UCA instructor! So hats off to her! I know she will do a wonderful job.
But I have to say Alyssa Cline is most definately the best tumbler in the 15th. Her full never ceases to amaze me. It is beautiful.
I agree completely Out of Sight-- Congrats Sara! I know you deserved it! And definately... Alyssa's full is perfection at its best...
Pike Central has some good tumblers. Go Mary Helen Jones and Cara Williamson throw those fulls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The guy from Phelps is fantastic!
pikeville has good tumblers the whole squad is nothing less than standing backs and roundoff backs
along with 5 fulls from different ppl along with alyssa doing 2 extra fulls so pikeville does seven fulls in all
Pikeville has a lot of good tumblers!
alyssa is an awesome tumbler.. and if sara ratliff wasn't such a great cheerleader.. how could she make UCA staff???
I am not saying Sara is not a good tumbler but That has nothing to do with making UCA staff.
[quote author=BringItOn link=topic=19228.msg204475#msg204475 date=1141606973]
[quote author=Ridge Runner link=topic=19228.msg181699#msg181699 date=1139920147]
JC has quite a few GOOD tumblers. Two I noticed were:

Chelsy Webb (Jr)
Kayla Sublett (Fr)

The Webb girl throws in alot of different tumbles. The Sublett girl made dizzy one game. I counted 12 back hand spings in a row as she tumbled from one end of the court to the other. But, alot of those girls can throw it. Good Job girls!
[/quote]

RR:? Why would you mention these girls from JC and not include Megan Reel?? ?Megan can do everything the Webb and Sublet girls throw - and then some!? They all have been working on their fulls, but Megan is the only one who does it.? She doesn't stick it all the time, but she's getting better and probably getting more confident.? ? She has been doing back hand springs the length of the floor since grade school.?
[/quote]

Yes, she can tumble very well and so can alot of other girls on that squad.  Maybe that was the only two that Ridge Runner knew their names or the only two that Ridge Runner saw or noticed that evening.  Ridge Runner did state "But, alot of those girls can throw it. Good Job girls!". 
whos that girl from sc? i saw her last year at kapos and she was awesome. She threw the same pass as Alyssa Cline, it wasnt as good, but hey she did it. what happened to her this year and why didnt she compete????
from Sheldon Clark if thats who you are referring to is Nikki Presley. She didnt compete because her appendix burst and did something weird and instead of taking it from her side it was behind her intestines so they had to cut down her stomache instead. She couldnt compete because of it. Shes had a rough time from it and is finally starting to get better...we love you Nikki and i hope you get everything back and do great next year!!!
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next