Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg @ Sheldon Clark - Aug. 26
Watched the P'Burg and Perry game and I didn't like what I saw... Was the first game of the season tho, and Sheldon Clark got killed by Rockcastle...

I think both teams came into this season a little "over-rated"

P'Burg - 22
Sheldon Clark - 16
Pburg is too strong in the trenches right now:

Pburg 28
SC 14
Pburg in this one
The only thing good about the Prestonsburg Defense last week was the Line, the DBs were horrible, PCC had wide open recievers all night long... However with SC's type of offense that shouldnt be a problem. Im gonna say Pburg's line is too strong in this one, and the Cats get the 21-0 win.
ekff Wrote:Watched the P'Burg and Perry game and I didn't like what I saw... Was the first game of the season tho, and Sheldon Clark got killed by Rockcastle...

I think both teams came into this season a little "over-rated"

P'Burg - 22
Sheldon Clark - 16

Was you expecting the Packers & Patriots to come out on the field last Friday or something?
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Pburg is too strong in the trenches right now:

Pburg 28
SC 14

If Sheldon Clark improves their line significantly, it should be a pretty fair game this Friday night. We shall see!
after last week how can you pick sheldon clark I dont see a big improvement in just 7 days...........pburg by 20
Pburg 35
Sheldon Clark 14
Sheldon Clark's line is just to inexperienced, i'll take pburg by 2 tds
34-13 Blackcats
Anyone have update on Jamerson? Never have gotten a clear answer as to the nature of his shoulder inj? Length he will be out? etc..
Blackcats
blackcatnashland Wrote:Anyone have update on Jamerson? Never have gotten a clear answer as to the nature of his shoulder inj? Length he will be out? etc..

I talked to him and he'll be ready to play, he's just going to take it easy this week in practice.
Is Joseph going to be able to go in this one? What exactly was his injury in the PCC game?
Cards
Prestonsburg-35
Sheldon Clark-20
MisterPerfect Wrote:Is Joseph going to be able to go in this one? What exactly was his injury in the PCC game?

Dont know this for a 100% fact, but from what i heard at the JV game yesterday it was just a stinger. He will be ready for SC.
I think that something many are over looking is that Pburgs line shouldnt be as good as Rocks. I mean no disrespect to the kids at Pburg in saying that, but from what I heard this years Rock team is much like the years of old. If thats the case, then Pburg's line won't be as good as what SC played last week with Rocks line which will make SC's line look better. Then if they have improved at all over the past week then SC could realistically look much different then last week. Like I said, I was not there to see the Rock game but if what I have heard from some people is accurate SC could very well look much different this week.
JCHS Alumni Eagle Wrote:I think that something many are over looking is that Pburgs line shouldnt be as good as Rocks. I mean no disrespect to the kids at Pburg in saying that, but from what I heard this years Rock team is much like the years of old. If thats the case, then Pburg's line won't be as good as what SC played last week with Rocks line which will make SC's line look better. Then if they have improved at all over the past week then SC could realistically look much different then last week. Like I said, I was not there to see the Rock game but if what I have heard from some people is accurate SC could very well look much different this week.

I didn't see the game between Sheldon Clark & Rock, but Prestonsburg actually has a offensive line that looks like linemen. Over the past 5 or 6 years we've probably averaged around 5'10 220 lbs on the offensive line. This season we probably average around 6'0 260 lbs. One of Pburg's guards was named 2nd team all-state last season by the Courier-Journal and one of our junior tackles have been named one of the top players in the 2013 class.

I'm not claiming that Pburg's line is better than Rockcastle's or that they will manhandle Sheldon Clark's line, but we finally have a offensive line this season that everyone is excited about.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I didn't see the game between Sheldon Clark & Rock, but Prestonsburg actually has a offensive line that looks like linemen. Over the past 5 or 6 years we've probably averaged around 5'10 220 lbs on the offensive line. This season we probably average around 6'0 260 lbs. One of Pburg's guards was named 2nd team all-state last season by the Courier-Journal and one of our junior tackles have been named one of the top players in the 2013 class.

I'm not claiming that Pburg's line is better than Rockcastle's or that they will manhandle Sheldon Clark's line, but we finally have a offensive line this season that everyone is excited about.

:Thumbs:
Not to mention a deep DL.
And that is great, as I said I am in no way meaning any disrespect to Pburg or your kids they work very hard and are a good team year in and year out. However, I do remember the Rock teams of old, and if this Rock team is being compared to those of old and Pburg didn't just run the ball all over PCC last week with a line as good as Rocks then I find it hard to believe there won't be some what of a let down. All this is being said assuming, the information I received about Rock was accurate. The Rock from when I played that I can remember and then the Rock the past few years have been somewhat light years in difference. If this team is like that of old, its going to be a long year for many of their opposition.
JCHS Alumni Eagle Wrote:And that is great, as I said I am in no way meaning any disrespect to Pburg or your kids they work very hard and are a good team year in and year out. However, I do remember the Rock teams of old, and if this Rock team is being compared to those of old and Pburg didn't just run the ball all over PCC last week with a line as good as Rocks then I find it hard to believe there won't be some what of a let down. All this is being said assuming, the information I received about Rock was accurate. The Rock from when I played that I can remember and then the Rock the past few years have been somewhat light years in difference. If this team is like that of old, its going to be a long year for many of their opposition.

I see what you're saying. Those Rock teams had Brad Durham & another linemen who played at UK.

Prestonsburg isn't a running team, like they used to be. The Blackcats are 70/30 pass now and the line did a good job against Perry's front seven at protecting QB Adam Crisp. Pburg had mild success running the ball.
jamerson and williams will still be the go to guys for prestonsburg no doubt! but if sheldon clark can slow them down then i see this being an extremely close game but if they cant slow them down then prestonsburg will run away with this one
pburg- 35
sheldon clark-7
I have no doubt that SC will pull it together, they always seem to get it together in mid to late season. I feel the cards will show up for this one, however I don't think they will be able to handle the Blackcats this early in the season.
Prestonsburg by 2 TDs
Unless SC does something to drastically improve from last week's performance, I see the Blackcats winning this one with ease!

Prestonsburg - 35

Sheldon Clark - 7
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
leecoukfan Wrote:Unless SC does something to drastically improve from last week's performance, I see the Blackcats winning this one with ease!

Prestonsburg - 35

Sheldon Clark - 7

"Unless SC does something to drastically improve from last week's performance..."

You are certainly correct in your assessment, but one never knows in high school football. We'll just have until Friday night to see.
Prestonsburg-42

Sheldon Clark-13
will this be p-burgs first trip to the new field?
P burg wins this one by a few td's.. SC has one big man that can play and thats taylor chapman.. rest of em are garbage.. ive seen better middle school o lines..