Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The official thread for Rock vs. PCC smacktalk
If SC cant throw, they wont score, heard our defense has looked real good vs the run
former Wrote:If SC cant throw, they wont score, heard our defense has looked real good vs the run

Perrys defense?..I just can't see it
zaga_fan Wrote:Here are the teams with there records from the year before.
I don't see us having a lot of trouble with anyone other than Pulaski.
However, we've been paired up with them the last 2 seasons lol

Pulaski County 11-1
North Laurel 3-8
Southwestern 6-5
South Laurel 0-10
Madison Southern 1-10
Lincoln County 4-7

Southwestern and lincoln will be good
Pulaski Co. lost 25+ players from last season. Who is in PCC district
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:Southwestern and lincoln will be good
Pulaski Co. lost 25+ players from last season. Who is in PCC district
Harlan Co., Letcher, Perry, Whitley
PCC all the way ok:rockon:
This thread needs a kickstart.

As always....
my favorite song to dedicate to Perry's opponents.
I think the reason that nobody is talking is because of the lack of love from WYMT Big Grin :lmao:
Perry County Central will beat Rock by 40 plus points. They dont even attempt to cover the pass, and Huff will have a field day against the rockets.
The Iceboxx Wrote:Perry County Central will beat Rock by 40 plus points. They dont even attempt to cover the pass, and Huff will have a field day against the rockets.

Iceboxx, while I do not agree with your prediction, the passing game is what worries me. Rockcastle was flat out awful against the pass the last two seasons. GREAT Passing teams have ALWAYS been the downfall for Rock.

I truly believe that if the CB's are any better than last season (I believe all but one player in the secondary was either a freshman or sophomore) they will be okay. All the boys look stronger and hopefully with the pressure that they can put on the QB, Huff will not have time to get a 2nd or 3rd check-down.

That is the key to the game. As has been proven, nobody can completely stop Rowe. Bell and Boyle slowed him a little, but he still gained positive yards and those might have been 2 of the 3 best teams in 4A last season. So all the talk of Robinson shutting him down is void. So the game will come down to how well Huff can do. A game like this also makes Rock miss John Saylor the fullback.

Perry is certainly a team that worries me because of their scheme. Last season Danville had a field day against Rock and all they were doing was 10-15 yard lob passes. I will NEVER forget that game. Had to be the worst defensive coaching I have ever seen. GOT to be better this season.
The Iceboxx Wrote:Perry County Central will beat Rock by 40 plus points. They dont even attempt to cover the pass, and Huff will have a field day against the rockets.

i think any other person on this site would take that bet.
If PCC beats Rock by 40 or more points, i think everyone would donate there house, cars, and all personal belongings to the PCC football team lol.
I thought Hazard was the only football team in Perry County!
[Image: http://zhills.files.wordpress.com/2010/0...oglogo.gif]

lol
Quote:knott county was 11-0 versus anyone last year
opponents scored 656
knott scored 76
i thought i might help a little

^lol

I got this Icebox where my brain used to be

:lmao: :thatsfunn this is great bulletin board material keep it up.
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote::lmao: :thatsfunn this is great bulletin board material keep it up.

Just a few people that are outliers, most of us know enough to never make such a statement. I for one have nothing but the utmost respect for the Rockcastle County program, although I do want to win nonetheless.
Benchwarmer Wrote:Rockcastle is 6 and 0 vs Perry Central.
Rock has scored 308 points
Perry has scored 46 points.
I thought I might help a little.

Ouch. That should pretty much shut everyone up. OWNED.
zaga_fan Wrote:I got this Icebox where my brain used to be

:lmao:
Thats the best post ever.
I dont think anyone else picked up on the song lyrics lol.
Tailback44 Wrote:Ouch. That should pretty much shut everyone up. OWNED.

Definitely....
I'd say Perry might as well give up because they used to get beaten by Rock.
How long has it been since they played?!
I doubt they have played in 5 years or more.
They have even had MAJOR head coaching changes since then.
I think you're missing some calcium and vitamins.
Drink some chocolate milk Wink

[Image: http://mikesmixrecoverydrink.com/wp-cont...7-609.jpeg]
I guess since we're 0-6 against Rock we may as well call them up and cancel. Oh well. I Guess since what happened from 2001-2006 will have a direct effect on what will happen in 2011. :igiveup:
geauxtigers75 Wrote:Just a few people that are outliers, most of us know enough to never make such a statement. I for one have nothing but the utmost respect for the Rockcastle County program, although I do want to win nonetheless.

i know just gaving fun.
Can someone enlighten me about what LWC is so proud of at Rock this year to make him think they are a contender?
king360 Wrote:Can someone enlighten me about what LWC is so proud of at Rock this year to make him think they are a contender?

what do you mean Contender?
lol..by the way he talks you would think Rock is about to bring home state!
king360 Wrote:lol..by the way he talks you would think Rock is about to bring home state!

he never said that lol. just they will not be like the last two years.
But what all do they have?
got two allstate players in Ben Lake and Clark rowe. Damien McDaniel is back after having to set out last year, we got a future allstate player in QB Corey McPhetridge im really impressed with this kid so far. every starter this year has played major minutes against top teams.
10-4..hows the speed and pass defense?>
king360 Wrote:..hows the speed and pass defense?>

they are not the fastest team. one of the thomason twins who plays D-end ran a 4.3 at the lwc camp this summer. Clark Rowe has power with speed. the rest of the guys are fast but not really fast. you wouldnt call them a speed team, more of a power team.
Finesse vs power..could be interesting.
king360 Wrote:Finesse vs power..could be interesting.

Usually that leads to a big L for Perry...