• 2(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th Region Draw
A Perry vs Hazard Final would be fun. Big Grin
perry vs letcher, hazard vs estill

perry vs hazard with perry winning. again.
As well as perry is playing it's gonna be tough to knock em off. I think hazard will fall apart and knott goes to the finals. IMO, Perry goes to state
The 56th district teams got good draws. I believe both will be in the semifinals.

But it's Perry Central's tournament to lose. They gave it away last year, blowing a 10 point lead with 2 minutes to go in the game. I don't think that will happen this year.
neverguesswhoiam Wrote:perry vs letcher, hazard vs estill

perry vs hazard with perry winning. again.

Again? You obviously aren't a KCC/Basketball fan. Last time PCC won region was six years ago. Also, the last time PCC played Hazard in the finals, Hazard won... two years in a row.
Aslan Wrote:^Lee over Letcher?
Why not? Pretty much a toss up game, but I'm going with Lee based on how they've played lately. If the 6'5 Pittman kid is on his game and their guards are hot from 3 land like they were in the 56th district championship game, then Lee is a very dangerous team. The one time they played this year it was on a neutral court in a 13th region holiday tournament and Letcher beat Lee 62-60.
PATS2011 Wrote:Again? You obviously aren't a KCC/Basketball fan. Last time PCC won region was six years ago. Also, the last time PCC played Hazard in the finals, Hazard won... two years in a row.

Knott only has one regional championship since Perry's been a school. Perrys got what, around 5?
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:Why not? Pretty much a toss up game, but I'm going with Lee based on how they've played lately. If the 6'5 Pittman kid is on his game and their guards are hot from 3 land like they were in the 56th district championship game, then Lee is a very dangerous team. The one time they played this year it was on a neutral court in a 13th region holiday tournament and Letcher beat Lee 62-60.

I just figured Letcher would be the overwhelming favorite. I've not seen Lee play this year, and I know nothing about them past Pittman, who is a very talented player.
PCC/LCC
Hazard/Estill

PCC/Hazard

PCC
PATS2011 Wrote:Again? You obviously aren't a KCC/Basketball fan. Last time PCC won region was six years ago. Also, the last time PCC played Hazard in the finals, Hazard won... two years in a row.

Knott will never catch Perry in regional titles buddy. I meant that Perry would beat Hazard again for the second time this season. Do I really have to bring up the embarrassing loss Perry handed Knott earlier this year where Knott put up 0 points in the first quarter?

Aslan Wrote:Knott only has one regional championship since Perry's been a school. Perrys got what, around 5?

:Thumbs:

And it took 2 acts of God for Knott to win last year.
A blown layup at the end of regulation and Tate Cox playing like Reggie Miller for 2 minutes to come back in the finals.

If your beloved Pats make it to the finals I would pray that PCC gets upset....
because they already dropped you for about twenty once this year and I don't see it going any different.
zaga_fan Wrote:And it took 2 acts of God for Knott to win last year.
A blown layup at the end of regulation and Tate Cox playing like Reggie Miller for 2 minutes to come back in the finals.

because they already dropped you for about twenty once this year and I don't see it going any different.

KCC proved they were the best team last year, they deserved that more than any team in the 14th. The only loss they had in region play last year was to PCC, at PCC, not surprisingly. Shelby Valley only had one mtn loss, and that was to who? PCC. Where at? PCC.

Now, PCC's legendary home court 'advantage' was not why they lost at PCC this year. That was just a poorly played game and horribly executed offensive plan. You know that as well as I do, possibly KCC's worst played game all year.

Bottom line, Hatcher has been to the finals every year he has been coach and has choked every time. Don't get your hopes up that this year will be any different. IDC who beats you, but you are, by no means, guaranteed a regional title.
neverguesswhoiam Wrote:Knott will never catch Perry in regional titles buddy. I meant that Perry would beat Hazard again for the second time this season. Do I really have to bring up the embarrassing loss Perry handed Knott earlier this year where Knott put up 0 points in the first quarter?

PATS2011 Wrote:KCC proved they were the best team last year, they deserved that more than any team in the 14th. The only loss they had in region play last year was to PCC, at PCC, not surprisingly. Shelby Valley only had one mtn loss, and that was to who? PCC. Where at? PCC.

Now, PCC's legendary home court 'advantage' was not why they lost at PCC this year. That was just a poorly played game and horribly executed offensive plan. You know that as well as I do, possibly KCC's worst played game all year.

Bottom line, Hatcher has been to the finals every year he has been coach and has choked every time. Don't get your hopes up that this year will be any different. IDC who beats you, but you are, by no means, guaranteed a regional title.

I'm sorry to burst your bubble...
but Hatcher is the 5th winningest coach among acting coaches in the State.
He didn't do that in just 3 years....
He has MULTIPLE sweet 16 bids in Region 1 and has a Final Four finish under his belt.
I would venture to say that Hatch has more Regional titles than Big Al does...
but I'm not 100% sure.
In his first trip to the regional finals in the 14th...
he shouldn't have been there.
In his second....
loss in OT.
In his 3rd...
Tate Cox goes wild and Knott takes the lead but shoothing free throws on a foul 90 ft from the basket(not saying it was a bad call, just a tough break).

Bottom line....
Hatcher is a proven winner and this just looks to be his year.
He's played for more regional titles than many of us have watched or listened to.
PATS2011 Wrote:KCC proved they were the best team last year, they deserved that more than any team in the 14th. The only loss they had in region play last year was to PCC, at PCC, not surprisingly. Shelby Valley only had one mtn loss, and that was to who? PCC. Where at? PCC.

They sure didn't prove anything when they went down to Rupp and lost to the lowest rated team in the Sweet 16.

I agree with the bolded part. Knott had a few fortunate bounces go their way, but they beat Perry 2/3 times and deserved to be regional champs.
To your second paragraph, it was a blowout, and I know Knott played awful, but Perry didn't play well either. Give Perry credit, they played tremendous defense, and Knott didn't get to many clean looks at the goal because of that. Knotts coaching staff was not prepared for that zone.
To your third paragraph, well just have to wait and see. If Perry gets to the finals this year, and another miracle happens that beats us(2 years ago a phantom goal tending call cost Perry the title and last year was just a complete choke), then Hatcher is truly cursed, lol.
zaga_fan Wrote:They sure didn't prove anything when they went down to Rupp and lost to the lowest rated team in the Sweet 16.

Read the part you put in bold. It says more than anyone in the 14th not the entire state.KCC proved they were the best team last season now lets see if your Commodores can prove they are the best when they are the favorite.
Aslan Wrote:I agree with the bolded part. Knott had a few fortunate bounces go their way, but they beat Perry 2/3 times and deserved to be regional champs.
To your second paragraph, it was a blowout, and I know Knott played awful, but Perry didn't play well either. Give Perry credit, they played tremendous defense, and Knott didn't get to many clean looks at the goal because of that. Knotts coaching staff was not prepared for that zone.
To your third paragraph, well just have to wait and see. If Perry gets to the finals this year, and another miracle happens that beats us(2 years ago a phantom goal tending call cost Perry the title and last year was just a complete choke), then Hatcher is truly cursed, lol.

I didn't mean to sound as though I was taking anything away from Perry, I apologize for that. As for the next sentence, that was definitely the biggest problem and couldn't be more true. IDK what was going on.
Tailback44 Wrote:Read the part you put in bold. It says more than anyone in the 14th not the entire state.KCC proved they were the best team last season now lets see if your Commodores can prove they are the best when they are the favorite.

I was just saying that maybe Perry or Hazard could have went down there and won some games.
who went to rupp last? jw
Overrated Wrote:who went to rupp last? jw

nice.
zaga_fan Wrote:They sure didn't prove anything when they went down to Rupp and lost to the lowest rated team in the Sweet 16.

zaga_fan Wrote:I was just saying that maybe Perry or Hazard could have went down there and won some games.

Come on Zaga. coulda,woulda,shoulda. Knott Central won region no need to bash them. Knott beat both Hazard and Perry to get to Rupp so that is a little absurd to say PC/Hazard could have down there and won. Come on give credit were credit is due.
MVP2 Wrote:Come on Zaga. coulda,woulda,shoulda. Knott Central won region no need to bash them. Knott beat both Hazard and Perry to get to Rupp so that is a little absurd to say PC/Hazard could have down there and won. Come on give credit were credit is due.

The credit was already given to them.
I'm just saying the playing field was a lot more even last year than everyone is letting on.
Knott wasn't head and shoulders above Perry or Hazard last year but they were definitely the one that came on top at the end.

Can't wait until Hatcher finally wins one so everyone chills out on here Wink
i feel l ike KCC has a great chance to get back to rupp. glad that the powers that be finally put people back on the sidelines that know what they are doing such as Fraley and now King. What was KCC doing the whole decade of the 2000's. I mean its crazy to think about some of the guys they let roam the sidelines.
neverguesswhoiam Wrote:Knott will never catch Perry in regional titles buddy. I meant that Perry would beat Hazard again for the second time this season. Do I really have to bring up the embarrassing loss Perry handed Knott earlier this year where Knott put up 0 points in the first quarter?

That's a pretty good question.

I wouldn't have any idea which school has the most titles.
Knott Central's been around a lot longer than Perry Central, formed from combinding Carr Creek, Hindman, and Knott County High in 1975 (of which 2 of those schools had won state championships back in the day). They won a bunch of regions right after they consolidated with some powerful teams led by Herbie Stamper, who later starred for Morehead State.
I know they won in 1982 as well because they had a huge upset of a great Breathitt County team who had beaten them by around 30 points 3 times that year. That was the team their present coach, B.B. King, played on. Then they made a great showing in the state tournament that year nearly knocking off eventual state champion Simon Kenton in the first round (which makes one wonder how well Breathitt would have done in the state tournament in '82--they were absolutely loaded that year and people who remember still discuss how in the world they lost the regional championship that year).

I think KCC won a couple more regions in the 1980's but I'm not completely sure. Then they won a few in the early 1990's. My guess is they've won around 7 or 8 titles. Maybe someone from KCC can help us out here.
Knott 8
PCC 5
zaga_fan Wrote:And it took 2 acts of God for Knott to win last year.

zaga_fan Wrote:I'm sorry to burst your bubble...
but Hatcher is the 5th winningest coach among acting coaches in the State.
He didn't do that in just 3 years....
He has MULTIPLE sweet 16 bids in Region 1 and has a Final Four finish under his belt.
I would venture to say that Hatch has more Regional titles than Big Al does...
but I'm not 100% sure.
In his first trip to the regional finals in the 14th...
he shouldn't have been there.
In his second....
loss in OT.
In his 3rd...
Tate Cox goes wild and Knott takes the lead but shoothing free throws on a foul 90 ft from the basket(not saying it was a bad call, just a tough break).

Bottom line....
Hatcher is a proven winner and this just looks to be his year.
He's played for more regional titles than many of us have watched or listened to.

Perry/Letcher
Knott/Estill

Perry/Knott

Perry
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next