•  Previous
  • 19(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Potential Clay Coach?
walterwhite Wrote:With school out for Christmas, there's no reason to rush now. FInish the process the right way.
Sorry, don't know how to indicate sarcasm! In reality this shoulda been over much earlier, but some are looking for something that's just not there.
We absolutely need to create a sarcasm button or emoticon!!!

(not being sarcastic here, either!!)
I agree with you guys it feels like at this point we are begging someone to take the job who is unsure if he even wants to be here. IDK but I never thought we would stoop so low to have to beg someone to come to CC, we should have more pride than that in our community and our schools, we shouldnt have to beg someone to come here, let alone someone from Bell Co... if he wants to come hire him, if not, then quit playing games and bending over backwards for the guy.
well again are you all sure they have offered him the job?
It is what it is...not a very enticing job for various reasons that have already been mentioned. I think one of the main things is to get a totally committed ENTIRE coaching staff. Unfortunately, I think there might have to be a chance taken on an unproven guy with little or no head coaching experience.
listen clay co. has some players and if they do it right there they can win and maybe win big
TheTigersEye Wrote:I agree with you guys it feels like at this point we are begging someone to take the job who is unsure if he even wants to be here. IDK but I never thought we would stoop so low to have to beg someone to come to CC, we should have more pride than that in our community and our schools, we shouldnt have to beg someone to come here, let alone someone from Bell Co... if he wants to come hire him, if not, then quit playing games and bending over backwards for the guy.

I may be wrong, but I don't think that's the case. I believe they're in the middle of vetting their final five or six.
May be, I'm just going by all of the Wayne Mills rumors.
What are the rumors? He has never let on to anyone that he is interested in this job.
Who is talking to him cause he didn't even apply
According to the Manchester Enterprise there is going to be an update in todays paper about the coaching search.......Not sure what it is going to be.
what time does that come out
Who would the Enterprise get their info from? The board and comittee or people that are the on
cchsfan4life Wrote:According to the Manchester Enterprise there is going to be an update in todays paper about the coaching search.......Not sure what it is going to be.

You could probably get as much information by going back and reading all the posts in this thread. What can they print and where's their information coming from? Sounds good but will we learn anything new?
The young and the Tigers ask these questions:
Has Coach W. Mills fell down and cant get up on looking at these post?
Is the Supt trying to save his job and hit home run?
Which committee is being talked to about the hire as there are two?
Are people in the Metropolis of Manchester really believing they are coaches in the county?
Does BGR know that they are spies on this site who just produce lies to get a laugh?
And the most important question is : How many head injuries can Victor/Nicky/Sharon take before NFL investigates????
MERRY CHRISTMAS
Jmo, I think that the Clay job is a gold mine. Could be a powerhouse
Enterprise gets info from Chairman of the Board. Hence, he writes the sports for the enterprise. LOL. That would seem to be a good source.
Ok then you tell us how much you get from article. See how many names are on there or if they just say so called comittee is narrowing down source.
Not saw article yet but I bet it's nothing more than vanilla.
WhoDeyNation Wrote:Enterprise gets info from Chairman of the Board. Hence, he writes the sports for the enterprise. LOL. That would seem to be a good source.

And again, what's gonna be said that ain't been mentioned? They gonna list the final 5, or 3? Nothing wrong with an article being written, but it's going to be pretty general. The "source" can't say too much. Well, he could but it wouldn't be very professional. It could very well mention a date they're shooting for to get things finalized.
walterwhite Wrote:And again, what's gonna be said that ain't been mentioned? They gonna list the final 5, or 3? Nothing wrong with an article being written, but it's going to be pretty general. The "source" can't say too much. Well, he could but it wouldn't be very professional. It could very well mention a date they're shooting for to get things finalized.

I'm willing to bet $$$ that no names will be mentioned in the paper. I'm almost willing to bet there's nothing in the paper at all about the football job.
Prolly an article about the big tourney win the basketball team had over the sisters of Mary and scobby doo u. Lol
I read the article. All it said was they've had 26 applicants apply. Some with experience, some without experience, some from Kentucky, and some out of state. They're trying to narrow it down to 3-5 applicants, but they want to take their time and make the best hire for the community. The superintendent declined to mention any names of applicants.
So, it basically said nothing....

I don't know if all this delay is a good or bad sign.
From the start they have said that they would like to have someone in place by the start of the new year. Jan 5th is the first day of school. Why the panic? They have plenty of time remaining.
I will give the committee this much this is the best job of keeping quit in the history of time!!!! this people could be in the pentagon!!!!
^^
Nope, they could NOT be in the pentagon.......too good about keeping quiet!

Smile

Merry Christmas Clay County football coach...whomever you are!!!

Smile
:biglmao::rockon::Clap:
I'll tell you what there waiting on. They are gonna have a board meeting with the new board and fire AMON after first of year for political reasons. After they fire him and hire a principal at one of the grade schools ( wink wink political reasons again) to replace him then you will see the coach hired. I don't think you will see anything happen before then. MAJOR POWER plays happening behind the scenes. Just what I'm hearing. MERRY Christmas everyone
Begging - I don't think that's happened.

Politics - A football coaches hire won't save a job that's not in jeapordy, that's the most ridiculous statement that's been made in this thread.

I'm amazed of the effort being put into this hire,(and it's not even basketball) much less the interest that's been generated here on BGR. I believe this committee is doing everything in their power to hire the only coach Tiger Nation will need for the next 25 years. Clay County has the potential to be a beast of a football program with the right captain at the helm. Understand it's not about the X's and O's, it's about the Jimmy's and the Joe's, turning them into confident, dedicated, dependable, hard working individuals. Teach the for-mentioned attributes and you'll have a winner.

I for one am willing to allow this committee to do it's job of finding the best Coach for this situation, to do this it has to involve more than a knee jerk reaction, I can't find fault in the method they have employed, maintaining a high level of confidentiality while methodically vetting through the pros and cons of each candidate.

Merry Christmas High School Football Fans, Oldtiger prays each of you a overflowing stocking, abundant health and much joy.
Clay County isn't hiring anyone until this thread has more posts than the Whitley County coaching search had. Expect a coach in July.
JeanClaudeVanGraham Wrote:I read the article. All it said was they've had 26 applicants apply. Some with experience, some without experience, some from Kentucky, and some out of state. They're trying to narrow it down to 3-5 applicants, but they want to take their time and make the best hire for the community. The superintendent declined to mention any names of applicants.

Your honor, the defense rests.
  •  Previous
  • 19(current)
  • Next