•  Previous
  • 16(current)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville 2013
bulldog42 Wrote:Complete turmoil as you can see. Close group despite any images painted.

Am I missing something about this picture?
Picture showed kids having fun. It's a close knit group of kids that have grown through adversity with each other. They are having a blast together. Anxious for them to take the field and play for each other!
Am I right -PHS QB made All Disterict, All Area and All State Honorable mention as a Fr. but the head coach left this year and a new head man hired and quit after spring drills (3rd coach in 3 yrs.) and Daniel's family dedides to send him to Pikeville before the 4th coach (Cherico) is hired then Daniel is ruled ineligible and returns to PHS but is told no position available to him in offense except TE? No chance to compete for position. Back-up QB hasnt played since Oct.2011 and didnt even come out this year until after dead period? anybody that thinks this isnt payback by the school for trying to transfer while they willingly accept transfers this year from other schools, come and get your sign and stand in the corner. Ask any coach in the mountans who the best athlete on this team is and I guarantee you it will be Daniel. Ain't it great how a school system shows its all about the students.
Fannin hasn't missed any practices, to my knowledge. And I haven't heard anybody say Daniel can't compete for a position. He's missed about a month of practice and there's a scrimmage next week. I'm sure the coach will do what's best for the team. What's not good or productive for the team is negativity like yours. The players are fine with each other. Let them be.
^OLI^...Noone is saying that Kash will never play the QB again people. You have to look at it like this. He DID decide to try and transfer over TWO months ago. He hasn't been with the team at all this summer.

1.New Coach
2.I'm sure new plays
3.Other players taking all the reps at QB for those two months. One since the end of Dead Period.
4.These players start to gel and get into a rhythm.
5.Kash comes back last week.

Bottom line.....Not a very hard choice for Coach at this point.

Kash will get his reps with time and Coach will do what is best for his team.
Also, yes Kash was all those All Dist, All Area and All State HM. But, the kid is also talented enough to repeat that at ANY position on the field.

I'm just glad he is back where he belongs! Go Tigers!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
OUTSIDE LOOKING IN Wrote:Am I right -PHS QB made All Disterict, All Area and All State Honorable mention as a Fr. but the head coach left this year and a new head man hired and quit after spring drills (3rd coach in 3 yrs.) and Daniel's family dedides to send him to Pikeville before the 4th coach (Cherico) is hired then Daniel is ruled ineligible and returns to PHS but is told no position available to him in offense except TE? No chance to compete for position. Back-up QB hasnt played since Oct.2011 and didnt even come out this year until after dead period? anybody that thinks this isnt payback by the school for trying to transfer while they willingly accept transfers this year from other schools, come and get your sign and stand in the corner. Ask any coach in the mountans who the best athlete on this team is and I guarantee you it will be Daniel. Ain't it great how a school system shows its all about the students.

Spell check and grammar check can go along way....
OUTSIDE LOOKING IN Wrote:Am I right -PHS QB made All Disterict, All Area and All State Honorable mention as a Fr. but the head coach left this year and a new head man hired and quit after spring drills (3rd coach in 3 yrs.) and Daniel's family dedides to send him to Pikeville before the 4th coach (Cherico) is hired then Daniel is ruled ineligible and returns to PHS but is told no position available to him in offense except TE? No chance to compete for position. Back-up QB hasnt played since Oct.2011 and didnt even come out this year until after dead period? anybody that thinks this isnt payback by the school for trying to transfer while they willingly accept transfers this year from other schools, come and get your sign and stand in the corner. Ask any coach in the mountans who the best athlete on this team is and I guarantee you it will be Daniel. Ain't it great how a school system shows its all about the students.

You're looking at this all wrong, Homey. Coach is not exacting some sort of payback on a kid that made an unfavorable decision. He is sticking to his guns to let his senior who has worked his butt off for four years - and particularly all summer long - know that he has his back and he is not automatically kicked to the curb because last year's starter has made a last minute return. I do think last year's starter and this year's back-up are both better QBs than this particular senior, but you just don't do kids that way if you expect to earn their trust.
So a student can be ruled ineligible, and can go back to school and be able to start practice right away? Don't sound right?
Way too much drama and not enough football talk...
Last year's team might have been the worst ever at Paintsville. Lost to Paris, Magoffin Co., Jenkins, Betsy Layne. Gave up avg. of 60 pts/game in losses to Raceland, Fairview, Nicholas Co. and Pikeville. Beat only Allen Central and Berea. Open this year with Pineville, Morgan Co. and Pikeville. Season could be over early if everyone doesn't stick together.

Can Paintville finish higher than 4th in their district? Can they win more than 2 or 3 games? Not unless they improve a ton.:popcorn:

Aug 23, 13Pinevillehome7:30 PM
Aug 30, 13Morgan Countyhome7:30 PM
Sep 6, 13Pikevillehome7:30 PM
Sep 13, 13Shelby Valleyaway7:30 PM
Sep 20, 13Allen Centralaway7:30 PM
Sep 27, 13Phelpshome7:30 PM
Oct 11, 13Fairviewaway7:30 PM
Oct 18, 13Nicholas Countyaway7:30 PM
Oct 25, 13Racelandhome7:30 PM
Nov 1, 13West Carterhome7:30 PM
They scrimmage Lewis County Saturday at Raceland so we'll get to see how they look. I think a few may be surprised. From the looks of it, the line will be pretty strong especially for a 1A school. There may be some changes on the O line that will prove to be more beneficial to the team as a whole. Right now, there are no injuries and the kids are ready to play. I think they win at least 5 games. Keep in mind that last year, they were ahead or tied at the half in a whole lot of their games. They were just worn down in the 2nd half, but with the numbers they have right now, they should be able to get some rest and stay stronger throughout the game. I know their practices this year are about 3 hours/day instead of the 1 1/2 hours last year. That's a lot more conditioning. Good luck to them!
OffTheHook Wrote:^OLI^...Noone is saying that Kash will never play the QB again people. You have to look at it like this. He DID decide to try and transfer over TWO months ago. He hasn't been with the team at all this summer.

1.New Coach
2.I'm sure new plays
3.Other players taking all the reps at QB for those two months. One since the end of Dead Period.
4.These players start to gel and get into a rhythm.
5.Kash comes back last week.

Bottom line.....Not a very hard choice for Coach at this point.

Kash will get his reps with time and Coach will do what is best for his team.
Also, yes Kash was all those All Dist, All Area and All State HM. But, the kid is also talented enough to repeat that at ANY position on the field.

I'm just glad he is back where he belongs! Go Tigers!

Did Paintsville allow him to practice without clearance from KHSAA? One day he is a Panther and next day he is a Tiger and practicing. Once you enroll in a school and want to leave you must go through the transfer process including all paperwork. This could get more interesting.
He never attended the first day at Pikeville. They haven't even started, so how could he enroll. It was all an inquire as to if he could and you can practice or play with anyone before dead period. Nothing interesting to it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
OffTheHook Wrote:He never attended the first day at Pikeville. They haven't even started, so how could he enroll. It was all an inquire as to if he could and you can practice or play with anyone before dead period. Nothing interesting to it.

It's amazing what you can find on KHSAA website.

Case BL-6-7– When is a student enrolled at a KHSAA
member school for the purposes of Bylaw 6?

A student is enrolled at a KHSAA member school when that
student sits for class in the new school.
I[COLOR="Red"]n addition, a student may be considered enrolled at a KHSAA member school when the student registers at the new school,
is on the student enrollment listing of a member school, and
not on the listing of another school.
In the case of enrollment during periods when classes are not
being held (i.e. summer), the student may be considered to be
enrolled at the new school when formal application has been
made and accepted as verified by the new Principal and the
student is officially withdrawn and off the enrollment listing of
the former school.
[/COLOR]
Hey OffTheHook was this the type of drama that you were referring to? Wow this is one doozy of a first post. When will you all realize that Paintsville football is bigger than one person. Sure we've been terrible the past seven seasons but I believe we finally have a coach who will lead us back to where we use to be. I commend Coach Cherico for doing what is right. He has to think about the whole team not about a player who didn't want to be here. Football is a team sport and until the "family" figures this out stupid posts like the one above are always going to pop up on this board. I hate to break your heart about who the best athlete on the team is as well. Now that Matt Miller is back on the team that distinction now goes to him. Can't wait for the season to start.
OffTheHook Wrote:He never attended the first day at Pikeville. They haven't even started, so how could he enroll. It was all an inquire as to if he could and you can practice or play with anyone before dead period. Nothing interesting to it.
The summer dead period ended on July 9th and according to Tiger Blues he was the best Pikeville quarterback at the July 12 UPike passing tournament. Not sure why he was participating with Pikeville after the dead period.
Tiger Fever Wrote:The summer dead period ended on July 9th and according to Tiger Blues he was the best Pikeville quarterback at the July 12 UPike passing tournament. Not sure why he was participating with Pikeville after the dead period.
It is my understanding that because 7 on 7 is not sanctioned by the KHSAA, they have no oversight of its rules and regulations. therefore, participation in it does not affect KHSAA eligibility. Of course I could also be partially or completely wrong.
TheChief Wrote:It's amazing what you can find on KHSAA website.

Case BL-6-7– When is a student enrolled at a KHSAA
member school for the purposes of Bylaw 6?

A student is enrolled at a KHSAA member school when that
student sits for class in the new school.
In addition, a student may be considered enrolled at a KHSAA member school when the student registers at the new school,
is on the student enrollment listing of a member school, and
not on the listing of another school.
In the case of enrollment during periods when classes are not
being held (i.e. summer), the student may be considered to be
enrolled at the new school when formal application has been
made and accepted as verified by the new Principal and the
student is officially withdrawn and off the enrollment listing of
the former school.

Exactly.....read this carefully. Then think about it for just a sec.

My guess is that the last part of this is what occurred. (Like I said now...MY GUESS.) I'm not a school or KHSAA Official. So I really have no clue. If you really want to know the answer. Just go to the school and find out. I'm sure they would be than willing to answer it for you and then you would know something besides what is post on here. :Thumbs:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis
The KHSAA has guidelines for athletes. Kash was never on a roster and never played the first down, inning, or quarter at Pikeville. If you've never played varsity sports at a school, the KHSAA isn't involved.
:hilarious::gtfo:
Tiger Fever Wrote:Hey OffTheHook was this the type of drama that you were referring to? Wow this is one doozy of a first post. When will you all realize that Paintsville football is bigger than one person. Sure we've been terrible the past seven seasons but I believe we finally have a coach who will lead us back to where we use to be. I commend Coach Cherico for doing what is right. He has to think about the whole team not about a player who didn't want to be here. Football is a team sport and until the "family" figures this out stupid posts like the one above are always going to pop up on this board. I hate to break your heart about who the best athlete on the team is as well. Now that Matt Miller is back on the team that distinction now goes to him. Can't wait for the season to start.

:goofy::wtf1::Hammer3::gtfo:
TigerFan3 Wrote:The KHSAA has guidelines for athletes. Kash was never on a roster and never played the first down, inning, or quarter at Pikeville. If you've never played varsity sports at a school, the KHSAA isn't involved.

The KHSAA is involved once a player plays the first varsity game. Then every move must be approved regardless of whether you play at a school. I trust Paintsville knows this and submitted the proper paperwork.
I'm sure they did whatever they needed to do. This isn't their first rodeo.
Let's just let the administrators administrate, let the coaches coach and let the players play. Then we just need to sit back and enjoy.
It's game day I'm so excited that we actually get to play another team. Good luck to Coach Cherico and the Tigers tonight.
Mountain Boy Wrote:You're looking at this all wrong, Homey. Coach is not exacting some sort of payback on a kid that made an unfavorable decision. He is sticking to his guns to let his senior who has worked his butt off for four years - and particularly all summer long - know that he has his back and he is not automatically kicked to the curb because last year's starter has made a last minute return. I do think last year's starter and this year's back-up are both better QBs than this particular senior, but you just don't do kids that way if you expect to earn their trust.
Well said
I've known Coach Joe since he first moved to Paintsville back in 1997. He spent his first two years with the school on the middle school staff and then moved up to the Varsity level at the same time I moved up to the high school ranks. To this day he continues to have that aura of professionalism and greatness that I will always strive to achieve. The impact he has had on my life in those short 6 years has in some ways made me who I am today. When I teach some of the kids that I coach at JC, I try to resemble his style in some ways because if I can make just a tad bit of the impact on them that he made on me, then I know they are not only becoming better players but also better people. To Coach Joe, the man who I see as a second father figure, thank you for all that you have done. Best of luck to you and to your team this season. Love you buddy.

Twin 7
This is the real preview. I mistaken with the previous one. It was not the preview, it was just an interview they did with the head coach.

2013 WYMT Pigskin Preview: Paintsville Tigers

PAINTSVILLE, Ky (WYMT) - The Paintsville Tigers have a new coach leading their team into the 2013 season. First year Head Coach Joe Chirico says he's getting back to the basics with the tigers.

"Blocking and tackling a lot of fundamentals that's our main focus. We gotta be better tacklers, gotta be better on the offensive line and defensive line. Our skill players you know they are pretty good players, but our offensive line and defensive line have a ways to go, but I think we've got some players that will step up," said Coach Chirico.

With a 23 man roster, the Tigers are preparing to be on the field for most of the game.

"It's really about the 11 toughest people we can put on the field. More is demanded of us than some other schools, but I think we have people here that are willing to give it all they have and leave it all out on the field," said Senior Lineman Jordan Cox.

Senior Quarterback Mark Fannin agreed with Cox, "It's pretty tough we're going to do what we have to do to try to win some of those games, we've got our work cut out for us."

Senior Wide receiver Lane Daniels and Senior Lineman Blake Williams point out the positives from last season.

"We can only go uphill from 2-9 I think we learned a lot, got a lot more experience. We only lost 2 players last year and several juniors experiences adds a lot to it," said Daniels.

"Last year we were either tied or had the lead in 7 of the 10 games, but since we had no back up no second string we just got fatigued and worn out," said Williams.

With a new coach, and a young team, the tigers will need strong leadership from their seniors..

"I'll try to take a leadership role and try to motivate our players to work hard and we're all working hard we want to win this year we want to turn this program around and win and be successful," said Senior Lineman Prater Helton.

The Tigers kick off the season with back-to-back-to-back home games.

http://www.wkyt.com/wymt/sports/sportsov...58191.html
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
  •  Previous
  • 16(current)