Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Raceland
47.76%
Williamsburg
52.24%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 12(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland @ Williamsburg 11/29(Class 1A semifinal)
Sounds like us, we started as the Raceland Rambler's- Historic horse from when we had the race track in RACELAND, we then became the RAMS. I am guess that this happened when everything packed up and moved to Keeneland around 1934, must have had a lot of old sheep grazing after that.... Little history.
^
Good post.
I did not know that.
RamPride Wrote:Sounds like us, we started as the Raceland Rambler's- Historic horse from when we had the race track in RACELAND, we then became the RAMS. I am guess that this happened when everything packed up and moved to Keeneland around 1934, must have had a lot of old sheep grazing after that.... Little history.
I always heard that Raceland was called the Ramblers because Raceland did not have any home fields or their own gym. It was shortened to Rams when the football field and old gym was built.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I had heard that also.... Just wanted to throw in the history part, alot of people do not know about the racetrack that was here and HUGE it was for our area.
This time tomorrow night we will know who moves on to bowling green,Big night for both schools :Cheerlead :Cheerlead :Cheerlead
RamPride Wrote:I had heard that also.... Just wanted to throw in the history part, alot of people do not know about the racetrack that was here and HUGE it was for our area.
It was indeed. I often wonder how the horse track in Raceland would have turned out if the U.S. did not have the depression.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I remember the basketball jerseys having a lot of blue in them back 20 years or so ago all the way up until 7 or 8 years ago. I have several old programs where the bee is orange with blue on it as well. I also remember when Whitley had each of the districts mascots painted in the gym up at the top, Wburgs yellow jacket was blue and orange, because that was a funny thing to look at for anyone going to Whitley back then and kind of an inside joke.
I only ever remember the football team having orange and white colors as long as ive been alive, which by your statement, is not nearly as long as you :biggrin:

I'm not sure what the recent infatuation with black is. Wburg isnt the only one doing it. Many college teams and high school teams have set up a black jersey for there schools. A good example of this is Duke. I can see it if your colors are black, but I would think a school like Wburg would rather wear there "big orange" stuff. Thats not a knock on what there doing, it isnt any concern of mine, but after driving through Wburg yesterday, the entire town is lit up in orange.

I am from a long line of Williamsburg Jackets. The blue accent was used by the basketball team, baseball team and the band. The football team didn't use the accent color in their uniforms. Black has been an accent color at Williamsburg for a VERY long time. Orange and White are our primary colors but the kids love the black uniforms for whatever reason. It doesn't matter if we wear orange, white or black. We are Yellow Jackets not matter what!
Mr.Clutch23 Wrote:Williamsburg wore black before the county did and that's a fact. Also Whitley has no rights at this time of the year because they're at the house. JACKETPRIDE!

Please
When did the orange jackets first wear black?
Jacket4Life Wrote:I am from a long line of Williamsburg Jackets. The blue accent was used by the basketball team, baseball team and the band. The football team didn't use the accent color in their uniforms. Black has been an accent color at Williamsburg for a VERY long time. Orange and White are our primary colors but the kids love the black uniforms for whatever reason. It doesn't matter if we wear orange, white or black. We are Yellow Jackets not matter what!

I know the Wburg basketball team will have black jerseys this year. Not sure if they had those before.

The blue trim thing was very heavy back when Patrick Robinson, who is now the coach, was playing at Wburg.
Some interesting facts about Pikeville this year.
RUSHING:
22 Black, Austin 10 37 257 7 26 0.7
21 Hall, Chase 13 196 1651 27 127 2.1
2 Maynard, Ben 13 18 242 5 19 0.4
45 Pugh, Daric 4 14 89 2 22 0.5
15 Vanderbeck, Anthony 12 1 3 0 0 0.0
8 Charles, Austin 13 83 750 6 58 0.5
14 Stevens, Kory 12 7 105 2 9 0.2
34 Charles, Blake 13 29 162 2 12 0.2
12 Dials, Cody 12 15 110 1 9 0.1
32 Ratliff, Kolby 13 1 -4 0 -0 0.0
13 Estep, Cody 13 4 45 1 3 0.1
20 Elkins, Tyler 13 3 26 0 2 0.0
72 Mullins, Erick 12 1 3 1 0 0.1

PASSING
8 Charles, Austin 13 127 82 3 1589 21 122 1.6
12 Dials, Cody 12 1 1 0 19 0 2 0.0

Receiving:
22 Black, Austin 10 8 101 1 10.1 0.1
13 Estep, Cody 13 43 1025 15 78.8 1.2
21 Hall, Chase 13 5 72 1 5.5 0.1
2 Maynard, Ben 13 8 151 2 11.6 0.2
15 Vanderbeck, Anthony 12 8 92 0 7.7 0.0
33 Charles, Cody 12 8 145 2 12.1 0.2
14 Stevens, Kory 12 2 19 0 1.6 0.0
7 Mcnamee, Andrew 13 1 9 0 0.7 0.0

Raceland held this team to 3 points and 33 yards in the second half. Other than 2 broken runs that were ran down from behind, we could have shut them out. I think Pikeville was the number one ranked offense in 1A before we played them, not sure but I thought I heard that, I will say that our kids are playing together more than ever and are ready to play some ball. Great breakfast as a team today before practice. Focused!
pjdoug Wrote:When did the orange jackets first wear black?

Maybe wrong but I think it was Ryan Moses Sr. season.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I know the Wburg basketball team will have black jerseys this year. Not sure if they had those before.

The blue trim thing was very heavy back when Patrick Robinson, who is now the coach, was playing at Wburg.

Not sure why it matters but the basketball team does have new uniforms this year. We have a white one with orange and black trim and a grayish black uniform with orange and white trim
Anyone ever wondered why football is backwards from basketball?
Maybe you Raceland fans may also know why or how that started.

In Bball, the home team has always wore white, while in fball, the away team does.

I bet theres a story behind that somewhere.
RamPride Wrote:Sounds like us, we started as the Raceland Rambler's- Historic horse from when we had the race track in RACELAND, we then became the RAMS. I am guess that this happened when everything packed up and moved to Keeneland around 1934, must have had a lot of old sheep grazing after that.... Little history.

William Whitley whom Whitley County and Williamsburg were named after is pretty famous for race tracks too Smile
I look for this game to come down to the least amount of turnovers I thank the burg will win this game by 7 on the very last series with 1:10 left on the game clock :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::1::1::1::1::1::biglmao:
OldJacket Wrote:Maybe wrong but I think it was Ryan Moses Sr. season.

Whitley County had black jerseys long before Ryan played at Williamsburg
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Confusednicker:

Settle down there hoss.
Just wondering why since your colors are orange and blue.

I thought the Wburg people took pride in there whole "orange crunch bunch" thing.

the truth is that williamsburg has always been orange white and black. The only reason blue was added into the uniforms was the band director in the 90's and early 00's ordered new uniforms and for some reason there was a mishap in the ordering and shipping and the uniforms came in with blue in them. The band director liked them and got the other sports teams to add a little blue in the uniforms. Black took over the program the blue was out towards the end of his stay. Herron took over and got new uniforms the black was back in completely, shorty after every other sports team followed. If you look up old yearbooks the pants have always been orange with a black outline up until the late mid 80's then they were orange and white. In the 50's they wore orange jerseys black numbers and orange pants. Black has always been in williamsburgs colors until one band director came and changed it, coincidentally the same year she left the blue left with her.
pjdoug Wrote:Whitley County had black jerseys long before Ryan played at Williamsburg

Im not trying to start a who wore black first argument Confusednicker:

But, Whitley switched back and forth between red and black jerseys prett much over there entire 50 year existence. They used black jersey predominantly throughout the 80's and early 90's.
the A team Wrote:the truth is that williamsburg has always been orange white and black. The only reason blue was added into the uniforms was the band director in the 90's and early 00's ordered new uniforms and for some reason there was a mishap in the ordering and shipping and the uniforms came in with blue in them. The band director liked them and got the other sports teams to add a little blue in the uniforms. Black took over the program the blue was out towards the end of his stay. Herron took over and got new uniforms the black was back in completely, shorty after every other sports team followed. If you look up old yearbooks the pants have always been orange with a black outline up until the late mid 80's then they were orange and white. In the 50's they wore orange jerseys black numbers and orange pants. Black has always been in williamsburgs colors until one band director came and changed it, coincidentally the same year she left the blue left with her.

That some good info.
I'm not sure which school opened first, but if Wburg really wanted to be the yellow jackets as they are they might have went with different colors like orange because mboro was already the yellowjackets with yellow and black.
1st qtr Rams 0 Jackets 0
2nd qtr Rams 13 Jackets 7
3rd qtr Rams 7 Jackets 0
4th qtr Rams 7 Jackets 7
Final Rams 23 Jackets 14
How is the Raceland/Russell past been?
I havent ever heard much about it, but being so close, I would imagine these two have a past.
mysonis55 Wrote:1st qtr Rams 0 Jackets 0
2nd qtr Rams 13 Jackets 7
3rd qtr Rams 7 Jackets 0
4th qtr Rams 7 Jackets 7
Final Rams 23 Jackets 14

The math just doesnt add up Confusednicker:
i find it funny that GUT goes to every williamsburg thread and tries to stir things up yet people still respond to his post. Black Jerseys, Blue Jerseys, orange this red black that who cares..... I'm going to do you all a favor and start a thread you all will enjoy battling it on.

check thread board in 5 min
Defense Wins Wrote:i find it funny that GUT goes to every williamsburg thread and tries to stir things up yet people still respond to his post. Black Jerseys, Blue Jerseys, orange this red black that who cares..... I'm going to do you all a favor and start a thread you all will enjoy battling it on.

check thread board in 5 min

Wburg for the win!
Sorry, should have been 27-14. I got diverted with all the babies running around.
^
Confusednicker:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:How is the Raceland/Russell past been?
I havent ever heard much about it, but being so close, I would imagine these two have a past.
Raceland and Russell played every year until the mid 70's. Whatever the reason the series stopped until around 2007. When the series resumed in 2007, Raceland won all but one game. I was told that Russell decided that they could not handle getting beat by "little brother" and would not extend the contract.
I am pretty sure Russell leads all time series, I don't know how much. I will try to find out.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jarons Wrote:Raceland and Russell played every year until the mid 70's. Whatever the reason the series stopped until around 2007. When the series resumed in 2007, Raceland won all but one game. I was told that Russell decided that they could not handle getting beat by "little brother" and would not extend the contract.
I am pretty sure Russell leads all time series, I don't know how much. I will try to find out.

I guess thats why i hadnt heard much about it.
I didnt go to the khsaa website to see, but i dont recall hearing much about it.
Have both teams traditonally played greenup on a regular basis? I know greenup hasnt been a great team recently, but there were a few good years in there.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I guess thats why i hadnt heard much about it.
I didnt go to the khsaa website to see, but i dont recall hearing much about it.
Have both teams traditonally played greenup on a regular basis? I know greenup hasnt been a great team recently, but there were a few good years in there.
Russell leads Raceland 27-19-7 all time. It's a shame that Raceland and Russell does not play because they are about 2 or 3 miles apart.
Raceland started playing Greenup every season in the early 90's. Before the 90's I only remember a couple of game between Raceland and Greenup Co. in the 80's (Greenup Co. lead all time series with Raceland 14-15). As far as I know Russell and Greenup Co. has played every year since Greenup Co. became a school in the 70's
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  •  Previous
  • 12(current)
  • Next