Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Raceland
47.76%
Williamsburg
52.24%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 11(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland @ Williamsburg 11/29(Class 1A semifinal)
Ramcat77 Wrote:Beach: 1308 yds rushing 14 TDs
Snyder: 753 yds rushing 9 TDs
Elkins: 400 yds rushing 5 TDs

Elkins: 1450 yds passing 18 TDs

Messer: 711 yds receiving 10 TDs
Vance: 322 yds receiving 8 TDs
Beach: 299 yds receiving 4 TDs

Yep, one man offense.

Nice stats beach is still over half of the offense and hemisstated 1 game :worthy: just my opinion stop beach Williamsburg wins :HitWall:

Yep, one man offense.

Nice stats beach is still over half of the offense and he miss 1 game :worthy: just my opinion stop beach Williamsburg wins :HitWall:
Good luck with that. I may be harder than you think.
mysonis55 Wrote:Good luck with that. I may be harder than you think.

I don't think anyone from any team thinks at this point and time anything will be easy.
The field will be in very good shape Friday night. The drainage system is excellent and the crew will work hard to make it as good as possible.

Yep, one man offense.

:howdy:
jefferson patrick 660 yds rushing 12 td
dalton sizemore 414 yds rushing 11 td
alex patterson 142 yds rushing 4 td

dalton sizemore 2556 yds passing 28 td 6 int

cory shelton 990 yds receiving 13 td
skyler grifftin 848 yds receiving 11 td
chase lowrie 321 yds receiving 4 td

williamsburg 21 int
williamsburg 20 fumble recovery

raceland 13 int
raceland 15 fumble recovery

now just remember our starter set out the whole 2nd half in about 8 or more games with running clock,this will be a heck of game just saying GO williamsburg :rockon: have a safe trip to everybody from Raceland :igiveup:
64SUR. And MYSON55 I hope they finally get to meet in Bowling Green love will be in the air. I wonder who will buy the beer and who will pay for the room
It'd be nice to see Shelton and Griffith be able to get a 1000 on the year.
Might be possible if Raceland cant stop the passing game. I think Shelton definitely gets more than 10 yards this game, but Griffith needs 152. If Wburg wins this week, he may be able to pull it off
cherokee Wrote:64SUR. And MYSON55 I hope they finally get to meet in Bowling Green love will be in the air. I wonder who will buy the beer and who will pay for the room

heck i'm broke i might drink a cold beer with mysonis55 out in the cold wide open air :lmao: first we must win Go williamsburg KEEP COAL ALIVE :please:
64SUR I'll buy the first beer.
Ralph ( Head Grounds Keeper) and his crew worked a miracle on the field and lets just say that it looks amazing compared to what it did Friday.
What's the weather forecast for Friday?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
cherokee Wrote:64SUR. And MYSON55 I hope they finally get to meet in Bowling Green love will be in the air. I wonder who will buy the beer and who will pay for the room

:hilarious:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Friday Night

Clear in the evening, then partly cloudy. Low of 25F. Winds less than 5 mph.
Just for reference....

In the BGR poll....

Wburg 26
Raceland 26
By looking at the number of kids who have ran the ball for W-Burg =9. So that means that the starters sat out in the second half of games. SO when you say shut down BEACH and you stop Raceland?? Well here are some figures to look over.

You also forget that Raceland has the same thing going on but we only have had 17 kids carry the ball... ALMOST double of W-Burg...

Raceland-
17 kids carry the ball- 10 have rushing TDs
13 receivers have caught passes- 7 have TD catches
4 QB- All who have thrown for at least 2 TD

W-Burg-
9 kids have carries- 7 for TDs
11 receivers- 3 have caught a TD
4 QBs- only one has thrown a TD

Raceland has had more rushers with a TD
more receivers with a TD
and more QB with a TD pass..

Looks like Racelands younger kids have not only played more but have been more successful on the field. Just saying...
E's Army Wrote:64SUR I'll buy the first beer.

:thanks:
BGR does not allow the sale of alcoholic beverages on the site after 4 PM on Fridays. The avatar betting would soar.

We make most of our money the saturday after Confusednicker:
It's gonna be fun.
64SUR Wrote:Nice stats beach is still over half of the offense and he miss 1 game :worthy: just my opinion stop beach Williamsburg wins :HitWall:

You better worry about this RAM as well...he's just as effective as Beach in multiple ways.:biggrin:
^
I'd say you all need to be more worried about this bunch....

[Image: http://thenewsjournal.net/userfiles/imag...ation1.jpg]
Slic Ric Wrote:You better worry about this RAM as well...he's just as effective as Beach in multiple ways.:biggrin:

we will be worry about all of them even the fans :Cheerlead
Wburg need to bring back the orange jerseys.
Get away from all that county black Confusednicker:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
I'd say you all need to be more worried about this bunch....

[Image: http://thenewsjournal.net/userfiles/imag...ation1.jpg]

I think we've got it covered....
http://www.dailyindependent.com/localspo...these-Rams
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Wburg need to bring back the orange jerseys.
Get away from all that county black Confusednicker:
Can someone explain why Williamsburg's nickname is Yellow Jackets when their colors are orange and black? Just wondering.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Williamsburg wore black before the county did and that's a fact. Also Whitley has no rights at this time of the year because they're at the house. JACKETPRIDE!
Jarons Wrote:Can someone explain why Williamsburg's nickname is Yellow Jackets when their colors are orange and black? Just wondering.

I've asked Wburg fans that time and time again.
They just get mad when I do.

For a school whos colors are orange, blue, and white, there named the "yellow" jackets, and wear black jerseys.
I dunno.
Mr.Clutch23 Wrote:Williamsburg wore black before the county did and that's a fact. Also Whitley has no rights at this time of the year because they're at the house. JACKETPRIDE!

Confusednicker:

Settle down there hoss.
Just wondering why since your colors are orange and blue.

I thought the Wburg people took pride in there whole "orange crunch bunch" thing.
Jarons Wrote:Can someone explain why Williamsburg's nickname is Yellow Jackets when their colors are orange and black? Just wondering.

maybe because if you get stung by a yellow jackets it turn orange :igiveup:
The colors have always been orange and white with some black trim from time to time....For a short period in the 90's basketball had some blue trim on their uniforms, not sure that football did during that time frame...
In 1968-1970 we actually had a jersey that was more yellow than orange...In 1971 we had black head gear...
As far as where yellow jackets came from you will have to ask some of the older fellows than me...
OldJacket Wrote:The colors have always been orange and white with some black trim from time to time....For a short period in the 90's basketball had some blue trim on their uniforms, not sure that football did during that time frame...
In 1968-1970 we actually had a jersey that was more yellow than orange...In 1971 we had black head gear...
As far as where yellow jackets came from you will have to ask some of the older fellows than me...

I remember the basketball jerseys having a lot of blue in them back 20 years or so ago all the way up until 7 or 8 years ago. I have several old programs where the bee is orange with blue on it as well. I also remember when Whitley had each of the districts mascots painted in the gym up at the top, Wburgs yellow jacket was blue and orange, because that was a funny thing to look at for anyone going to Whitley back then and kind of an inside joke.
I only ever remember the football team having orange and white colors as long as ive been alive, which by your statement, is not nearly as long as you :biggrin:

I'm not sure what the recent infatuation with black is. Wburg isnt the only one doing it. Many college teams and high school teams have set up a black jersey for there schools. A good example of this is Duke. I can see it if your colors are black, but I would think a school like Wburg would rather wear there "big orange" stuff. Thats not a knock on what there doing, it isnt any concern of mine, but after driving through Wburg yesterday, the entire town is lit up in orange.
  •  Previous
  • 11(current)
  • Next