•  Previous
  • 10(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle County
Football_Maniac Wrote:Born in the backwoods raised by a bear....

Born in the backwoods, raised by a bear!
Two sets of teeth and four coats of hair!
Two steel b@!!$ and a cast-iron rod!
I'm a mean...
The version I remember is slightly different. Still funny though.
Rebel55 Wrote:WOW....Times must never change! Brings back a ton of memories from the late 70's.

Ole Dan Tucker washed his face in a frying pan and combed his hair with a wagon wheel.
Jabez. Nothing more needed to be said. Good luck boys and gel.
Hatz Wrote:http://www.wkyt.com/content/sports/Boyle...76561.html

it's gonna be tough to slow them down.
The team will find out where they truly are the next few days. Camp shows a lot about each individual and their drive and willingness to press theough the pain and difficulty.
Hatz Wrote:http://www.wkyt.com/content/sports/Boyle...76561.html

I've watched that and sent that to many, including my son's old coaches back In mighty might s and pewee. This year can be fun.
pjdoug Wrote:it's gonna be tough to slow them down.

Hey Dougie!! Thanks for the kind remark! Enjoy reading your input on other posts. Ya make me laugh but I appreciate ya!
The OL will not be as good as they were last year but they won't need to be. Coach Smith will try and have no OL/DL go both ways but if we have to do it he will. If we do have kids go both ways our line will be every bit as good as last years.

During 7v7 we were unreal...our skill kids (weapons) are terrific.
FoSho Wrote:The OL will not be as good as they were last year but they won't need to be. Coach Smith will try and have no OL/DL go both ways but if we have to do it he will. If we do have kids go both ways our line will be every bit as good as last years.

Last year watching the scrimmage I almost left at half I was so frustrated but wanted to stay to see my son after. We see where that aweful display Led us. I believe in our coaches and I believe in our kids abilities and drive. Know many personally and talk to many of them a few times a week. They know as players where they need to improve. When ya know what ya need to do and ya have the coaches we do, nowhere to go but up regardless of loss. These boys are driven, focused and fierce competitors. Bigger fan of them just being kids when they aren't on the gridiron. Awesome young men!
Our QB is second to none. He's a leader and has been since 4th grade. His fellow teammates will follow. Kids a baller and many more on this team are because they push each other and nobody wants to let the other down.
BCHSrebs Wrote:Our QB is second to none. He's a leader and has been since 4th grade. His fellow teammates will follow. Kids a baller and many more on this team are because they push each other and nobody wants to let the other down.
Offense is fine, but defense is important also. How does that side of the ball look?
Twitter: @tc_analytics

TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Offense is fine, but defense is important also. How does that side of the ball look?

Based on what I've seen, and fosho can maybe she'd more light on that, but I would say better than last year.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Offense is fine, but defense is important also. How does that side of the ball look?

Our weakest link last year was special teams. Gave up to much ground to the other team on kickoff. That's my concern this year as well. It takes everyone competing at a high level. Special teams on kick off (when we kicked off,) was not good at all. To many let downs and to many yards allowed, I'm.
You
BCHSrebs Wrote:Our weakest link last year was special teams. Gave up to much ground to the other team on kickoff. That's my concern this year as well. It takes everyone competing at a high level. Special teams on kick off (when we kicked off,) was not good at all. To many let downs and to many yards allowed, I'm.
You

Special teams shouldn’t be an issue with the freshman kicker, that kid is special and will kick it in the end zone for touchback every play. He can line up by himself. On the returning side get to the 35 and he is good for three, best of luck this year guys and gals. Hope for a season to remember for both our squads. No hard feelings and hope to drink a beer with a few of you if we meet up again.
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:Special teams shouldn’t be an issue with the freshman kicker, that kid is special and will kick it in the end zone for touchback every play. He can line up by himself. On the returning side get to the 35 and he is good for three, best of luck this year guys and gals. Hope for a season to remember for both our squads. No hard feelings and hope to drink a beer with a few of you if we meet up again.

Spot on with the kicking game. Keep in mind there is a little ball size adjustment for our freshman kicker (Jackson Smith). He's been working hard since middle school and has done extremely well at camps this off season. He kicks 70% thru the end zone and will be a huge weapon this season on special teams.....although he won't get much opportunity on punts. FYI, in case some of you didn't know, his dad kicked for UK back in the Couch years. He's a lock for Power 5 D1 schollie one day.

The defense is stout. Has potential to be better than last year but the possible need for DL kids to play on both sides of the ball could effect that a great deal. Stopping the run will always be stressed by the Staff but the pass defense will need to keep improving.

The offense is full of great players/athletes and will be a joy to watch. And because of experienced gained last year they are LIGHTYEARS ahead of where they should be and could put up ridiculous numbers.

Boss Daddy on a personal note.....I'm glad we've chosen to have a different kind of discussion on here. I'm not interested in being "that guy" on the forum. I'm just a dad that wants my team to win and my boy to do well and stay healthy. Period. I got no animosity toward anyone on here and although on occasion I need to step away and chill, I'm just normal dad like you. Who does indeed enjoy a beer/Bourbon every now and then.

I hope you guys have a great season and we do get to see each other Thanksgiving week. But most of all I pray for all our boys to have a blast playing this awesome game we all love and stay healthy while doing it.

Good luck and see ya soon!
One name that hasn't been mentioned much this season is Jr. linebacker Ezarious Roller! EZ led the team in tackles last year as a sophomore and is as hard a hitter I've seen since Michael Paul Webb. One more year matured and coached by Chuck Smith at that position and he will be deadly this year. I feel this years team has the best overall d-backs as any Boyle team ever. Going to be hard to pass on them and if you do expect a lot of interceptions. This team is loaded on the defensive side with Hatter, Kelly, Roller, Smith, Bartleson, Hotchkiss, Snyder, and Colwick.

Can't win if you can't score and with our offense the way it is, I just find it's going to be hard to out score us.
Rebel55 Wrote:One name that hasn't been mentioned much this season is Jr. linebacker Ezarious Roller! EZ led the team in tackles last year as a sophomore and is as hard a hitter I've seen since Michael Paul Webb. One more year matured and coached by Chuck Smith at that position and he will be deadly this year. I feel this years team has the best overall d-backs as any Boyle team ever. Going to be hard to pass on them and if you do expect a lot of interceptions. This team is loaded on the defensive side with Hatter, Kelly, Roller, Smith, Bartleson, Hotchkiss, Snyder, and Colwick.

Can't win if you can't score and with our offense the way it is, I just find it's going to be hard to out score us.

Come on now. Better than Lee Scheuer, Scott Lester, Gerald Jones and C.T. Wolfe in '79? :biglmao:

:Thumbs:
BCHSrebs Wrote:Hey Dougie!! Thanks for the kind remark! Enjoy reading your input on other posts. Ya make me laugh but I appreciate ya!

Thanks, I'm glad you can appreciate me Smile. I enjoy watching The Rebels, and keep hoping my team will have that kind of coaching someday.
FoSho Wrote:The OL will not be as good as they were last year but they won't need to be. Coach Smith will try and have no OL/DL go both ways but if we have to do it he will. If we do have kids go both ways our line will be every bit as good as last years.

They will truly be explosive and fun to watch. blazing speed everywhere, and fundamentally sound.
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:Special teams shouldn’t be an issue with the freshman kicker, that kid is special and will kick it in the end zone for touchback every play. He can line up by himself. On the returning side get to the 35 and he is good for three, best of luck this year guys and gals. Hope for a season to remember for both our squads. No hard feelings and hope to drink a beer with a few of you if we meet up again.

Boyle County will be better this year, but Corbin will too.
FoSho Wrote:Spot on with the kicking game. Keep in mind there is a little ball size adjustment for our freshman kicker (Jackson Smith). He's been working hard since middle school and has done extremely well at camps this off season. He kicks 70% thru the end zone and will be a huge weapon this season on special teams.....although he won't get much opportunity on punts. FYI, in case some of you didn't know, his dad kicked for UK back in the Couch years. He's a lock for Power 5 D1 schollie one day.

The defense is stout. Has potential to be better than last year but the possible need for DL kids to play on both sides of the ball could effect that a great deal. Stopping the run will always be stressed by the Staff but the pass defense will need to keep improving.

The offense is full of great players/athletes and will be a joy to watch. And because of experienced gained last year they are LIGHTYEARS ahead of where they should be and could put up ridiculous numbers.

Boss Daddy on a personal note.....I'm glad we've chosen to have a different kind of discussion on here. I'm not interested in being "that guy" on the forum. I'm just a dad that wants my team to win and my boy to do well and stay healthy. Period. I got no animosity toward anyone on here and although on occasion I need to step away and chill, I'm just normal dad like you. Who does indeed enjoy a beer/Bourbon every now and then.

I hope you guys have a great season and we do get to see each other Thanksgiving week. But most of all I pray for all our boys to have a blast playing this awesome game we all love and stay healthy while doing it.

Good luck and see ya soon!
Great post. I'm a great person, but I'm going to keep bringing the trash :biglmao:
pjdoug Wrote:They will truly be explosive and fun to watch. blazing speed everywhere, and fundamentally sound.

Indeed.

On a side note pjdoug, I don't care what anybody says on here....you're easily one of the best 100-150 posters from your county on this forum.

😬😉
FoSho Wrote:Indeed.

On a side note pjdoug, I don't care what anybody says on here....you're easily one of the best 100-150 posters from your county on this forum.

😬😉

at least one of the best 150.
pjdoug Wrote:at least one of the best 150.

......at least. 😜

I don't really understand this statement. Says we will not be as good on oline as last year then says if kids going both ways it will be better. I'm a little slow help me understand.
64black&gold Wrote:I don't really understand this statement. Says we will not be as good on oline as last year then says if kids going both ways it will be better. I'm a little slow help me understand.

I was confused by that too. lol
64black&gold Wrote:I don't really understand this statement. Says we will not be as good on oline as last year then says if kids going both ways it will be better. I'm a little slow help me understand.

I have a feeling that if the current group of OL aren't performing to Coach Smiths standards he will scrap the "linemen only go one way" to the "best guys play" mentality.

The goal is to not have to do that, as I'm sure you know.
Entertaining thread.
  •  Previous
  • 10(current)
  • Next