Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How about this set up for Football?
The state is broken up into 4 regions. I suggest having 1 person in charge of a region , lets say - Regional Coordinator. This persons job is to track the wins/loss for the region in each Division. At the beginning of each season , they will get a list of the schools in each division to keep up with. This way they can possibly get to games during the season, lets say. At the end of the season, the RC's could make out the brackets for their regions in each class. Conference Winners could possibly get a bye and so one as it will work. They will have 3 divisions in 8th grade and 7th grade would just be one division. So actually 4 divisions. The RC's have a closer connection and they would diffuse alot of complaints about who plays who..... The conference commisioners WILL maintain their win loss records and email each score to the RC's after every game. This could possibly help out.

NOW FOR THE FUN PART:
As some of you guys are small school division 3 schools, you may have found it hard to be elligible for playoffs due to the fact that you have to play div 1 schools in your conference. Instead of having to drive to Timbuktoo, to get games in your division, I think I havea good suggestion on how to help out.

Lets say I am: Littleschool Middle School (div3) and I am ready to do my schedule for the year. I would like to see this happen...
If LMS schedules a game with a Div1 school they automatically get 30 points, 20 points for Div2 and 10 pointes for Division3,, OKAY u with me. So that way you get points for Schedule Strength.
NOW if I win a game against a bigger school: I also get the 30 extra points to add to my scheduled Strength total. What this does is gives smaller teams the chance to acquire points when forced to play big schools in Conferences. Lets say that you are the only Div 3 school in your conference,, if youplay everyone, you get points for strength schedule points automatically!!!
NOW here is another kick to it!! You only get points if the team you schedule is a KYMSFA member........ Wanna increase the numbers of teams in the KYMSFA, add points to scheduling them.
This will take care of teams who PAD their schedules with teams who are lesser in quality also.
EXAMPLE:
week 1- LMS(Little Middle School) -vs- KYMSFA Div1team..+30 points for schedule and PLUS 30 points if you win!!
week2 - LMS -vs- KYMSFA Div 2 Team..+20 points for schedule and loss= 30
week 3- LMS -vs- BigMiddle School-Tenn. NO POINTS for schedule no points for win, due to not knowing how big the school actually is.
You can still play schools outside the KYMSFA, but you get no credit for them. BUT you support other KYMSFA schools by scheduling them.

Seeding for State Tourney:
The Conferences inside each region would play in the first round if available. EXAMPLE!!
Region 1 has 4 conferences in it. The conference champions would be identified and seeded accordingly by size Div 1-2-3....
Conference A has 3-div 1 schools and 4div 2 schools and 3 div 3 schools. These Div would be ranked by strength of schedule pionts + win points to give a rank per Division. Then these schools would be bracketed accordingly in the region. Then after all seeding is done with the help of the RC and the Conference commisioners and all the coaches. We could possibly be on track to actually play our first playoff game!!

Small schools like Everts, Harlan Ind. per say would all have points and be seeded accordingly to their class and Division. Yes you are rewarded for playing bigger schools, you get SS points , plus any game you win. This would allow conferences to continue playing the way they are and nothing has to be done to disrupt tradition..... OR conferences could intermingle and have a North/South Division or East/West Division to actually allow for more games to be picked up from KYMSFA schools who support the KYMSFA layout.

Give me your comments and feedback, lets see what wrinkles apear and what we could possibly present to the KYMSFA for next year!!!!!!
Messages In This Thread
How about this set up for Football? - by ManofGOD - 10-13-2010, 10:24 PM
How about this set up for Football? - by ManofGOD - 10-13-2010, 11:07 PM
How about this set up for Football? - by knighted - 10-14-2010, 01:09 AM
How about this set up for Football? - by ManofGOD - 10-14-2010, 01:48 AM
How about this set up for Football? - by knighted - 10-14-2010, 02:55 PM
How about this set up for Football? - by ManofGOD - 10-14-2010, 10:06 PM