Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(2) West Virginia 73 - (1) Kentucky 66 (NCAA - Elite Eight)
This is just my opinion but this game just proves what I have been telling all my family all year long, and that is that Calipari is not a great coach. Yes I have to say he is the best recruiter in all of basketball but when it comes to actually coaching the game and making the right decisions he is average and it showed in this game. He was attacking that 1-3-1 all wrong and you think he would know how to utilize Patterson...JMO but if they would had played a high low game with Patterson and Cousins then UK would be in the final four but the dumb a$$e$ was living in the 3 world. I also do believe even with Calipari being out coached that we still should had won. I mean come on, WVU shot the ball better then they haad all year long. Just so happened we shot it the worst. What was the odds of that happening. We was the best team in basketball this year but the best team does not always win. Another thing about Calipari. How many times has he coached the best team and not won the national title. At Massachusetts they was right up there with Pitino's Wildcats and could not pull it through, and with Memphis he had by far the best team and could not pull it through, they was just like this UK team...could not hit a free throw. As long as he keeps bringing the best talent in here year in and out I will be happy but until he starts making changes with the way he coaches it does not look like there will be a title in Lexington for a while.
Messages In This Thread
(2) West Virginia 73 - (1) Kentucky 66 (NCAA - Elite Eight) - by Crazy Horse - 03-29-2010, 10:29 AM