Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greenup County 7th Grade Football Regional Champs!
Steelermatt Wrote:Its hard to rank the 7th grades because so many schools have kids playing up to 8th at least part time or in some cases 8th only.

In Greenup Co.'s case, we had 6 or so players that played major minutes in the 8th grade games then would play a complete 7th grade game afterwards. When the 8ths season ended you could tell a difference in them not having to play that 1st game every night and we played better ball toward the end of the season.

There is no doubt from what i've seen Corbin is best 7th in the state. They flat out earned it with hard nosed smash mouth football and they played a brutal tournament schedule and defeated them all. Big Congrats to them!!

A bit below them i would have Lone Oak based on there number of highly skilled players. They are very explosive but Corbins line size and defensive pressure were just too much for them.

After that there are perhaps a dozen teams were pretty high level teams throughout the season, some peaked early and others got better towards the end of the season. Johnson County's 7th had a fine team. Ashland Verity also. I would also throw from the teams i'd seen from Greenup County, Raceland, Lewis County and some others i've just heard about into this mix. These teams were all pretty interchangable and depending on when and where they played were and would all have been competative.

I know where you are coming from. Our(Jackson Co) 7th graders had to play up on the 8th grade team also and it did take a toll on them. By the end of the season eight of the 7th graders had logged in 20+ games. Our top player in 7th grade ran on 8th only and had 221 yards and 2 TD's against the 8th grade D2 champs Meece. We was going to bring him to the playoffs but he got hurt the game before the playoffs. Your right Corbin is a great team, we played them also. If not for a few mistakes and having some of our players hurt or feeling under the weather the game would of been alot closer, not saying we could of won but who knows what the score could of been. Hopefully we will see next year during the regular season(we are going to try to schedule them). I did see the game when Clay Co beat Corbin this year. Clay beat them just like Corbin beat the teams playoff's. Clay is not part of the kymsfa so that is why they were not in the playoffs
Messages In This Thread
Greenup County 7th Grade Football Regional Champs! - by Jackson Cofan - 11-03-2009, 04:32 PM