Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Announcing the first annual "Kentucky Elementary Championship" tourney
Hello all,
I am fairly new to this site so please bear with me. The Montgomery County Jr. Pro Football Association would like to extend an invitation to any 4th , 5th , or 6th grade teams out there to come and compete in the first annual "Kentucky Elementary Championship" Tournament to be held in Montgomery County on the weekend of Oct 31.
We will be holding three seperate tournaments at the same time. Each tourney(4th - 5th - 6th) will consist of between 8-12 teams with each team being gauarenteed 2 games minimum.
This should be a great event for all. The intent here is to celebrate youth football in Kentucky and to end the season with a big event that will get the kids fired up for next season.
Team trophies for first and second in each division as well as offensive and defensive MVP for each game played.
We will be useing state certified referees for all games and all games will be played on 80 yard fields. KHSAA rules will apply to all ages with the following exceptions:
1- 8 minute quarters.
2- No kick off/ return / punt. For k/o the ball will be placed on the twenty.
For punt, it will be marked off 30 yards.
3 - Extra points kicked will be worth 2 pts with the snap and placement being dead and the actual kick being live rush. All other run/pass will be worth 1 pt.
4 - Weight limits will be in place on ball carriers only as follows:
4th grade - 105 lbs
5th grade - 115 lbs
6th grade - 125 lbs
5 - No coaches on playing field and :35 play clock will be in effect.
6 - Age and grade requirments as follows:
This tourney is by grade first , and age second.
4th grade - not be 10 years old prior to Jan 1 2009.
5th grade - not be 11 years old prior to Jan 1 2009.
6th grade - not be 12 years old prior to Jan 1 2009.
We will need the most current report card as well as copy of birth certificate prior to Oct 1st 2009 . Both grade/age and weight requirments are for insurance reasons.

If you need more information , please feel free to email me @ [email]mrjdfrazier@yahoo.com[/email]
Good luck to all and I hope to hear from you soon.
Messages In This Thread
Announcing the first annual "Kentucky Elementary Championship" tourney - by oldcat - 06-19-2009, 11:56 AM