Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Go easy on the Fundraising... please?
How many people out there feel as though their local squads are fundraising things into the ground? I have noticed that our community has been deluged by various squads and what seems to be endless knocks @ the door by countless squads trying to raise funds. Now do not get me wrong, I understand the need for fundraisinging since the schools behave as if cheerleaders are their red-headed step-children where $ is concerned... but I have also noticed cheer car washes, cheer begging @ red lights, cheer candle sales, cheer garbage bags, cheer doughnuts, cheer stadium seats,cheer umbrellas & blankets, cheer pizzas, cheer cookie dough, cheer knives, and on & on. I realize there's camp, camp clothes, uniforms, shoes, and a zillion other items needed and the cost is NEVER minimal, but for the love of all that's fair and decent, could we try to space this crap out a bit... it would be easier to adopt one of them... or take a 2nd mortgage...
We paid for our cheerleader and we sold when we were asked and paid the difference when we didn't meet quota, but a person has to ask... when is enough?
Surely the "girl's night out", "cheer clinics" and other types of fundraising like this would help people more!(there has to be plenty of 30-something parents out there begging for a place to put their kids on a Friday night so they can have dinner out!) With as many little girls seen out @ games and fundraising, there is a market for "cheer slumber parties", "cheer dances", and the aforementioned "night out" and "clinic".... Give those of us, who can't say "no" to these sweet little girls a break for a week or two. ~Thanks:Cheerlead
Messages In This Thread
Go easy on the Fundraising... please? - by IISnakE - 05-22-2009, 07:23 PM
Go easy on the Fundraising... please? - by NEXT - 05-22-2009, 09:40 PM