Poll: Who Wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Bell County
23.08%
Belfry
76.92%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell County at Belfry 11/10 Friday Night
(11-10-2023, 12:00 PM)EKUAlum05 Wrote:
(11-10-2023, 11:13 AM)Cafe Mocha Wrote: A lot folks on here are picking the #12 rpi seed Belfry over the #3 rpi seed Bell. Am I missing something here? I don’t know enough of both teams to really have an input.
RPI is a flawed science that values wins and gets skewed when it comes to strength of competition.

If you flipped Belfry's schedule with Bell's then Belfry is probably sitting 9-1 and Bell is probably sitting 7-3.

Additionally, Bell has a couple sketchy wins where their defense really struggled and the game proved closer than expected (Whitley, Boyd, etc). Belfry, on the other hand, has a couple mis-leading losses. The GRC game was actually a hook and lateral away from potentially being a three TD lead for Belfry, the Pikeville game was a back and forth game that opened up late. Belfry was also missing their superstar Sophomore QB in the Pikeville/Southwestern losses and had to play their bets offensive weapon under center.

Add in the game is at belfry and that's the recipe for why so many feel Belfry may win.

When I look at this game I see two evenly matched teams who both have the capability to hurt the other's team defense. I think Belfry, Bell, and Rockcastle are all pretty evenly matched teams.
Thanks for the information.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Bell County at Belfry 11/10 Friday Night - by Cafe Mocha - 11-10-2023, 12:12 PM