Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey, Grandpa! What's fer Dinner? (or breakfast or lunch)
(02-03-2023, 10:35 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: Well I've never eaten from a Middle Eastern food cart, but I sure would love to try it!!
Some really good restaurants in this area started out as food carts. When I first moved to this area, I worked in an office located in Arlington, where food carts were pretty common. The hot dog cart was awful (Oscar Mayer wieners with canned Hormel sauce), but most of the other food carts served pretty good food. If you have never eaten much Mediterranean food except Italian or Greek, then you would probably love chicken Kababs or shawarma. My favorite is chicken shawarma, which is thin slivers of chicken shaved from a stack of chicken cooked on a vertical rotisserie. Beef, lamb, and pork are often fixed the same way.

I have never had chicken breast from a Mediterranean restaurant or food cart that was not perfectly cooked.

A few years after we moved here, our office was moved from Arlington to a local military base. There is a Middle Eastern food truck that parks in the lot across from our office for lunch once or twice a week, but I haven't tried their food yet. I only work in the office a couple days a week since the pandemic began, so I'm not sure whether there is enough customers to support food carts. They tend to set up near large offices and we are limited to a maximum of 40 percent occupancy at this time.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hoot Gibson's post:
  • Granny Bear
Messages In This Thread
RE: Hey, Grandpa! What's fer Dinner? (or breakfast or lunch) - by Hoot Gibson - 02-04-2023, 02:09 PM