Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey, Grandpa! What's fer Dinner? (or breakfast or lunch)
(11-23-2022, 01:30 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: The other night, for the first time in a long time,  I had a biscuit left over from supper. I heated it up, added some butter, and poured some sorghum(molasses) over it.  Reminded me of when my granny was alive. She loved her sorghum.  Has anyone ever watched  sorghum being made?
I have watched sorghum being made during West Liberty's Sorghum Festival but it was a long time ago. Sorghum with butter and a biscuit does bring back some nice memories.

I watch a lot of Youtube channels - mostly tech and cooking channels. One of the best cooking channels, IMO, is Glen and Friends Cooking. Glen lives in Toronto but he uses sorghum sometimes as a substitute for molasses. He also makes his own maple syrup each year from maple trees in his yard. I have probably learned more about cooking by watching his channel than from anybody else. On Sundays, he features "The Old Cookbook Show," when he prepares a recipe from his extensive collection of cookbooks, which date back to the 1600s. A lot of the old recipes that he features are from the early to mid-20th century, especially the time around the Great Depression.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Hey, Grandpa! What's fer Dinner? (or breakfast or lunch) - by Hoot Gibson - 11-23-2022, 01:59 PM