Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey, Grandpa! What's fer Dinner? (or breakfast or lunch)
(06-26-2022, 03:56 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: When the grandchildren were younger, my brother and I used to rent a house on the beach.  There were normally about 20 of us, most were football aged boys.  I would cook like that every single morning.  There was never a crumb left over.  Smile
I love a big breakfast but I usually eat a small one or skip it. 

I am keeping things light this evening after having a big breakfast this morning. My wife is picking up a couple of appetizers from a local Turkish restaurant - stuffed grape leaves and falafel, with baked rice pudding for dessert. I have been spoiled by the variety of food available in northern Virginia but I haven't tried much Turkish food.

The first ethnic restaurant in Paintsville that I remember was a tiny Mexican restaurant near the courthouse. The local women who owned the store served some of the best burritos that I have ever eaten. I was in 7th or 8th grade but sadly, the restaurant did not remain open long because it was in a bad location. The first Chinese restaurant in Paintsville opened a few years later and it also closed not long after it opened but not because of its location. The restaurant was owned by a Chinese man but I doubt that he had ever cooked before. I have never eaten such bad Chinese food since.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Hey, Grandpa! What's fer Dinner? (or breakfast or lunch) - by Hoot Gibson - 06-26-2022, 08:36 PM