Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central 9 Belfry 5 (15th Region Tournament)
(05-27-2022, 11:37 PM)RTruth Wrote:
(05-27-2022, 10:54 PM)irishcard16 Wrote:
(05-27-2022, 09:56 PM)Spud6 Wrote:
(05-27-2022, 09:07 PM)irishcard16 Wrote:
(05-27-2022, 04:19 PM)Mister D Wrote: I don’t think there’s any question that Belfry’s record would be a lot worse if they played JCs schedule. It’s also true that playing tough game after tough game in the regular season prepares you better for the regional. There’s a reason why JC always finds a way to go deep in the tournament. Part of that is the brutal schedule.
You can play whoever you want, it doesn’t make you a better defensive team or change the athletic makeup of a team? I get the logic I really do but trust me when I say it wouldn’t matter what schedule we play it wouldn’t have changed the outcome of this game.

Then why was it such a different result in the season both times? Not trying to be a smart butt but a genuine question.
JC played a different style, didn’t bunt, weren’t as aggressive. 

I’m not trying to be confrontational just give an honest opinions of somebody close to the program. 

Also if the schedule mattered so much how did we beat paintsville, beat JC twice, and take LC 9 innings and lose 6-5. 

see what I’m saying? In none of the 4 games mentioned above was there ever a small ball bunt fest, and steal fest.

It’s called “Managing”

The last 4 teams standing plus Pikeville have high quality coaches and assistants and will ask players to do what’s necessary to win.
I agree with a lot of what you say there. I will keep what I want to say to myself. Lol
Messages In This Thread