Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Best High School game you have ever witnessed?
Shelby Valley vs. Clay County for the WYMT Mountain Classic Championship!! 4 inches of snow on the ground on a freezing cold Saturday night, road conditions no where near safe to drive & a 3 hour postponement wasn't enough to stop these two teams from absolutely going to war!! Back and forth from the tip with multiple overtimes if I remember correctly!! Shelby Valley's Terry Wright took the prettiest mid court charge you'll ever see in your life!! Jeremy Akers nailing 3's with ease 12FT+ beyond the arc & Mike Riddle showed to be the best defensive player this side of Lexington that year!! Clay Co. fought their guts out & played just as hard as SV!! Both teams were very well coached!! In the end Rodney Rowe's squad made a couple more plays at the end of the game!! I know it was either 2000 or 2001, but I can't remember which one for sure. I was 12-13 & in 7th or 8th grade at the time. I just can't remember which one!!
Messages In This Thread
RE: Best High School game you have ever witnessed? - by Boomer_Sooner - 08-20-2022, 12:55 PM