Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Debt Ceiling
(09-22-2021, 10:39 PM)TheRealThing Wrote:
(09-22-2021, 08:00 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(09-22-2021, 05:54 PM)TheRealThing Wrote:
(09-22-2021, 05:15 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(09-22-2021, 04:11 PM)TheRealThing Wrote: Here's a little news flash for you on basic economics. Borrowing money is not paying bills, it is making more bills. So if one cannot pay his bills in the first place, how is increasing spending 6 Trillion dollars and borrowing all the money for that, in any way responsible? But hey, party hearty while you can, right? That's the liberal way. "Those who would give up essential Liberty, 'to purchase' a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." ---Ben Franklin

Don't come on here saying borrowing good money after bad is to "improve the United States." That's a Liberal/Keynesian lie that history has shown to shipwreck economy after economy over time. In the 20th Century and first quarter of the 21st, America has led world economics. But to a liberal's mind that isn't good enough. Not everybody can live in a glorious house and drive a luxury car. They certainly didn't during our heyday and as good sense dictates, never will. That stuff takes money and most people can't come up with enough to do so. And not that amassing material things could ever bring about a satisfied mind anyway, [RE Johnnie Cash "Satisfied Mind"]  
 But giving people stuff has only created more unrest. Or have the riots beginning in the Obama era escaped your notice?

And dare I mention the fact that the US economy under Trump was soaring? Goods, beef, energy and school bus drivers were plentiful. Now all that soars are the COVID infection rate and the exponential numbers of illegal aliens flooding in. The Lord's coming object lesson has this land, has us, increasingly painted into a corner; but in your blinded eyes happy days are here again.
Trump made these bills. 

Big Grin except 2020.   No bus drivers that year. You forget who was President then,TRT? 

Hoot used that Franklin quote incorrectly before.  Maybe you need to look up what it means. Big Grin not what you think. 

Covid infection rate of the unvaccinated which tends to be Republican, so you need to punch yourselves in the face on that.

I certainly did not forget your fact twisting revisions I can tell you that. "Fifteen days to slow the spread," I remember that. But thanks to the Dems who got to the party 6 months late, the time frame morphed into 15 months and growing at least up through next election season. But  now 8 months after Trump's promise of a viable vaccine having been delivered, which BTW morphed immediately into lo these 3 vaccines; thanks to Democrat governors who went clinical fanning CV-19 fears, the school bus drivers who were laid off went to the UPS and the like, and are not about to give up their new jobs.

I have the application for the quote exactly right. Just a different threat. I didn't expect you to understand, it was used more for the free thinkers. Without out fail, you lie every time you post. The Dem base is toast without black voters, 87% of which all identify as Democrat.   THE HILL -- "Among those vaccinated whose race is known, 58 percent are white and 10 percent are Black."  https://thehill.com/opinion/healthcare/5...vaccinated

Blacks might not trust the vaccine because Democrats lied their heads off about it back in 2020. And then tried and failed to take credit for the vaccine even while uncle Joe et-al were insisting on getting it for themselves.
Damn what a circuitous post.  That’s worse than a Tucker monologue.  

it took more than 15 days because Trump had his thumb up his rear for 3 months. You saw the thumb it was right beside your face Big Grin 

bus drivers figured out these school supt were jacking them around. Why would they come back? Capitalism, right !! 

no, you don’t. Franklin was talking about folks who won’t pay their taxes that support their protection.  You haven’t been a free thinker yet. 

Blacks don’t trust the vaccine because the way our nation has experimented on them.   Another example of structural racism your side says doesn’t exist. 

I’d like to see the folks who have all the advantages to show those who are disadvantaged that public health is safe, but one side wants their FREEDUMBS. 

Are you just yammering?  TRT, you are vaccinated.  You encourage folks to get vaccinated. The vaccine was a modern marvel. I don’t know what the Trump admin did to make the vaccine come to fruition but they undercut it when Trump didn’t push it.  He extended this pandemic in this nation another 10-12 months.  He’s an sob for that.

You are a superior liar. Not in quality, but in quantity. And unlike you, I don't have to look this stuff up.  Franklin was talking about a certain aristocracy buying favor with the Pennsylvania legislature if memory serves. Major land owners, they bought off influential legislators in order to curry favor on their behalf. I don't need any history refreshers from a guy whose party has done the same thing to the entire nation.
yes, they didn't want to pay taxes.  They were bribing the legislature to say they didn't have the authority to tax the Penn family. "It is a quotation that defends the authority of a legislature to govern in the interests of collective security. "  We have had this discussion on here before and you were wrong then.  

Republicans are doing exactly what Franklin is griping about.  
Messages In This Thread
Debt Ceiling - by vector#1 - 09-21-2021, 11:45 AM
RE: Debt Ceiling - by Cardfan1 - 09-21-2021, 03:03 PM
RE: Debt Ceiling - by vector#1 - 09-21-2021, 03:48 PM
RE: Debt Ceiling - by Cardfan1 - 09-21-2021, 05:23 PM
RE: Debt Ceiling - by TheRealThing - 09-22-2021, 04:11 PM
RE: Debt Ceiling - by Cardfan1 - 09-22-2021, 05:15 PM
RE: Debt Ceiling - by TheRealThing - 09-22-2021, 05:54 PM
RE: Debt Ceiling - by vector#1 - 09-22-2021, 07:49 PM
RE: Debt Ceiling - by Cardfan1 - 09-22-2021, 08:00 PM
RE: Debt Ceiling - by vector#1 - 09-22-2021, 08:37 PM
RE: Debt Ceiling - by TheRealThing - 09-22-2021, 10:39 PM