Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soaring inflation rate under the Biden administration
(10-11-2021, 09:59 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: At the deepest point of the pandemic-induced recession, it was very predictable that the demand for gasoline would begin rebounding as the economy began improvising. So what steps did Biden take? He replaced the policies of the Trump administration that had made this country energy independent for the first time in decades. Those were not the actions of a competent president.

You can make all of the excuses for Biden that you want, but he has shown absolutely no leadership in the White House in any area. It is a return to the "I've got a pen and I've got a phone" days, except Biden is not capable of using the phone effectively and relies on the radical left-wingers of his party to tell him when to use his pen.

Inflation is soaring because of Biden's policies and he has shown no inclination to adjust those policies to deal with the problem. He has painted himself into a corner because dealing with inflation effectively would require him to reinstitute many of the Trump policies and make him look like an even bigger fool than he did when he changed those policies.

The US was not energy independent, unless you believe Facebook Newsfeeds or Trump, although there were a few months that the US produced more energy than they used and we were closer to being independent than we have been in a long time.  Trump always exaggerates his accomplishments though. I believe I read that the US consumed about 20 million barrels of crude oil a day and produced about 12.5 million in 2019.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Soaring inflation rate under the Biden administration - by The Outsider - 10-11-2021, 10:46 PM