Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Southwestern @ Rockcastle Scrimmage
(08-07-2021, 01:44 AM)SmashMouth17 Wrote:
(08-06-2021, 11:02 PM)Walt Longmire Wrote: Varsity is finished for the night. Southwestern scored 5 times, Rockcastle once. 

Southwestern showed some nice things--especially with several contributors not playing.  I know that Giddeon Brainarc wasn't dressed after just getting back from Governor's Scholars.  He's one of their main running backs and linebackers. Connor Crisp, one of their leading rushers from last season was out as well.

Rock looks like they may be in for a long season.

how do you figure Rock is in for a long season. We only had a scrimmage and it was against a team rank like 25 in the state and predicted to compete in 5A for a title they lost in semi last year to Fredrick Douglas 21-20. I think the fact that we moved the ball well running against them shows we have good potential to get better and do the same in 3A we won’t see many teams to there talent in 3A probably until playoffs. You can’t judge much from first scrimmage I think Rock will do well in district and 3A. Let’s be glad we got football back at what hopes to be normal no mask full schedule just good ky high school football :-)

We'll see how it shakes out. Rockcastle looked to be very small up front on both sides of the ball and not particularly fast.  But, I just looked at their schedule.  They look to have not over-scheduled.  They should be able to compete okay with the teams that they'll see.  Good luck this season.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Southwestern @ Rockcastle Scrimmage - by Walt Longmire - 08-07-2021, 06:32 AM