Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds' Baseball: Cardinals @ Reds (Opening Series)
(04-01-2021, 07:14 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(04-01-2021, 05:56 PM)Jarons Wrote: I hope this is not an indication of how the Reds' season is going to be. 
I haven't seen or heard very much about this season. What are expectations for the Reds this year? Will they be good enough to get the playoffs and win a series for the first time since the mid 90's?

I would like to say yes but it doesn't seem likely. The pitching staff has holes with Bauer gone and Sonny Gray injured and  the bullpen is questionable. Suarez  moved to shortstop and has already committed two errors. The new second baseman has zero major league experience. Shogo Yakiyama is injured, as is Jared Lorenzen. David Bell hasn't impressed me in his tenure at Cinci.  I wish I could be more optimistic but a .500 season may be a big challenge.

Sad to say, the only current Reds that you mentioned is Sonny Gray and David Bell, the Manger. 
Even sadder, I didn't know opening day was coming up until yesterday. With fall sports happening right now in North Carolina has me all messed up. We are in the middle of football season. Baseball was the last thing on my mind.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Messages In This Thread
RE: Reds' Baseball: Cardinals @ Reds (Opening Series) - by Jarons - 04-01-2021, 07:34 PM