Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
"Odd " Foods That You Enjoy ???
(01-23-2021, 05:09 PM)Jarons Wrote:
(01-23-2021, 04:51 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(01-23-2021, 04:40 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: We always pickled some corn.  We also pickled green beans, and that was one of my favorites when I was a kid.  I think I'll make some this summer when I'm canning!!

We also strung up whole beans on white twine, and threw them over the clothes line to dry.  Shuck beans, leather britches....I've heard them called several things.  I haven't had any since my mom passed away in 2004.  That was always what she fixed when we had Thanksgiving dinners.

My grandmother liked pigs brains in her scrambled eggs.  I accidently walked in the kitchen when she was eating those, and threw up like a fire hose.  Whenever we killed hogs, mom would put the whole head in the fridge to save to make souse meat.  Anybody ever eat that?  It's also disgusting!

Oh my gosh, I  LOVE  shuck beans !!!!   My grandparents had them quite often- my favorite green bean.    I can still see my granny and pawpaw sitting on their back porch breaking up beans. They would take an old screen door and lay the beans out on it to dry in the sun.  Great memories!

(01-23-2021, 04:43 PM)Jarons Wrote:
(01-23-2021, 04:40 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: We always pickled some corn.  We also pickled green beans, and that was one of my favorites when I was a kid.  I think I'll make some this summer when I'm canning!!

We also strung up whole beans on white twine, and threw them over the clothes line to dry.  Shuck beans, leather britches....I've heard them called several things.  I haven't had any since my mom passed away in 2004.  That was always what she fixed when we had Thanksgiving dinners.

My grandmother liked pigs brains in her scrambled eggs.  I accidently walked in the kitchen when she was eating those, and threw up like a fire hose.  Whenever we killed hogs, mom would put the whole head in the fridge to save to make souse meat.  Anybody ever eat that?  It's also disgusting!

My grandmother used to make leather britches. I couldn't stand them.

Shuck beans, you hate,  but apple jelly with chili you love.  You're an odd fellow, Jarons.   LOL

LOL!! It takes all kinds to make the world go around. 
How do you feel about pepperoni or smoked sausage in your spaghetti sauce? A favorite with my boys and I.

A hellava lot better than I feel about apple jelly chili !!!   LOL
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Granny Bear
Messages In This Thread
RE: "Odd " Foods That You Enjoy ??? - by Jarons - 01-23-2021, 03:49 PM
RE: "Odd " Foods That You Enjoy ??? - by Jarons - 01-23-2021, 04:43 PM
RE: "Odd " Foods That You Enjoy ??? - by Jarons - 01-23-2021, 05:09 PM
RE: "Odd " Foods That You Enjoy ??? - by Old School Hound - 01-23-2021, 05:18 PM
RE: "Odd " Foods That You Enjoy ??? - by Westside - 01-24-2021, 06:59 AM
RE: "Odd " Foods That You Enjoy ??? - by Westside - 01-25-2021, 02:31 PM
RE: "Odd " Foods That You Enjoy ??? - by Jarons - 01-24-2021, 08:46 AM
RE: "Odd " Foods That You Enjoy ??? - by Westside - 01-24-2021, 06:57 AM