Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
"Odd " Foods That You Enjoy ???
The other food thread got me to thinking about some of the odd things people like to eat. I'd like to hear some of your strange food choices. Or maybe it's not the dish itself that is odd but maybe something you like to eat it in combination with that makes people stare at you kinda funny.  Also, feel free to talk about a food that you hated earlier in life but you enjoy now, or vice versa.

From the time I was very young, I have liked to put mayonnaise in my soup beans. My dad did this when I was a kid and , like most boys, I wanted to be like dad.  If I don't have a glob of mayonnaise to put in my beans, it's just not the same. On more than one occasion when I have ordered a bowl of pintos at Cracker Barrel and asked for some mayonnaise to put in them, the server looked at me like it was the strangest request ever. LOL

Also, from the time I was little, my pawpaw made pickled corn. That's right, pickled corn !  He would can jars of pickled corn every year. I HATED IT!!!!   Now, I LOVE IT !!!   It is definitely an acquired taste for mature palettes , I guess. When I mention pickled corn to people, especially people a lot younger than me, they look at me like I'm crazy. Most have never even heard of it. I especially love it around the holidays.

What are some of the more bizarre food choices you or someone in your family enjoys?
Messages In This Thread
"Odd " Foods That You Enjoy ??? - by Old School Hound - 01-23-2021, 03:37 PM
RE: "Odd " Foods That You Enjoy ??? - by Jarons - 01-23-2021, 03:49 PM
RE: "Odd " Foods That You Enjoy ??? - by Jarons - 01-23-2021, 04:43 PM
RE: "Odd " Foods That You Enjoy ??? - by Jarons - 01-23-2021, 05:09 PM
RE: "Odd " Foods That You Enjoy ??? - by Westside - 01-24-2021, 06:59 AM
RE: "Odd " Foods That You Enjoy ??? - by Westside - 01-25-2021, 02:31 PM
RE: "Odd " Foods That You Enjoy ??? - by Jarons - 01-24-2021, 08:46 AM
RE: "Odd " Foods That You Enjoy ??? - by Westside - 01-24-2021, 06:57 AM