Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Individual Performances by a Wildcat
(01-15-2021, 10:42 PM)Van Hagar Wrote: I loved Pitino’s teams, too, but there’s one thing I disagree with you on. Tubby won with the team he had. It didn’t matter if Rick recruited it, it had to be coached. I loved Tubby and I always get a little ticked when people dismiss Tubby’s win as Pitino’s. He was a great game coach, he just wound up not being the recruiter that UK needed. Tubby would very likely have won another one if Keith Bogans hadn’t rolled his ankle before the elite 8 game where Dwayne Wade basically beat us by himself. A healthy Bogans would have at least slowed Wade enough for us to have won that game.
I met tubby once, truly a great man. Tubby had some really good teams too, guys like ramel bradley, Joe Crawford, kelenna azubuike, lukasz obrzut I remember Bradley and Crawford use to give billy donovans gators hell in regular season of course they would end up whooping us by 20 in the end or so on there way to back to back chips but man I miss tubby too. The pre game fear I had for UK playing against top teams of that era will always be in the back of my head

It just occurred to me reading all these post we forgot about Dan issel the previous record holder before Meeks broke it
Messages In This Thread
RE: Best Individual Performances by a Wildcat - by Oledad92 - 01-16-2021, 04:13 PM