Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Carter 36 Tolisa (WV) 21
From what the Tolsia coaches are saying, they did not have a voice in the matter. They asked if parents could stay (in case of player injuries or things of that matter), and the administrators decided to just go ahead and call it after that.

I was not there, so I’m only going by what they are saying. If that is the case, then I understand the ruling. If that is not the case, I’m wondering if any home team could call a game with the lead and be awarded the win. It seems like that could cause problems if it is in fact the way the KHSAA operates. It doesn’t matter for this case because Tolsia is out of state, but if it were two Kentucky schools, it might.

It should be noted that the WVSSAC has posted this on their website as a loss for Tolsia as well. They have made their decision, so that part is figured out. It still makes me wonder if a home team can do this at any point and claim the game was called for safety purposes. This was definitely outside the norm, so I doubt we see it again for a while. However, the precedent has been set. If an underdog is at home and happen to have a lead in the 3rd quarter, CAN they call it if the fans are rowdy, and get the win? Does it make a difference what the score is? I mean, if Tolsia was only down by a touchdown and driving when the game was called, would that have mattered?

I’m not saying what was decided is wrong because it would’ve taken Tolsia stopping the pass to win, and they had not done so at that point, but there was an entire quarter left to play, so it’s not exactly as if the game was out of hand on the scoreboard. It’s just odd is all.
Messages In This Thread
East Carter 36 Tolisa (WV) 21 - by 16BBall Fan - 09-26-2020, 01:32 AM
RE: East Carter 36 Tolisa (WV) 21 - by Wildcat45 - 09-28-2020, 11:48 AM
RE: East Carter 36 Tolisa (WV) 21 - by IntheZone - 09-28-2020, 02:14 PM
RE: East Carter 36 Tolisa (WV) 21 - by Wildcat45 - 09-28-2020, 03:03 PM