Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Supreme Court Seat
(09-20-2020, 11:09 PM)mr.fundamental Wrote: Greetings my Eastern Kentucky Brothers and Sisters,

With the election going on not the 40 plus like people have said (we are already voting). The GOP will fill the seat. The Dems will cry about it because of 2016. Ok we know all of that is going to happen. So lets move on to the next steps.

Dems will win House (already have wide margin and will continue) Dems will probably win senate. Dems will win President. 

Ok lets assume that happens, (if I could know the future, I would buy a lottery ticket and treat everyone of you to a beer).

The Dems then decide to pack the court up to 13 Supreme Court Judges. The GOP will cry. 

All the above is legal.

Ok now what... 

Here is what I think should happen to save the republic; 

We need as I can tell four amendments to the constitution; 1. Cap the Supreme Court, the reason for the packing can happen is because there is no limit. Also, this idea has been floated out but I am not sure about this idea but set a term limit of 18 years to the Supreme Court. Andrew Yang's idea. But might be worth discussing. 

Amendment 2: Set term limit for all of Congress. The details of this would need to be worked but basically limiting the federal government

Amendment 3: Set finance laws to get rid of all money in politics. This would be an end to PACs, Super Pacs, and the such. Right now because of a ruling in 2012 a corporation has rights as a citizen. Irony. But stay on topic. 

Amendment 4: Set the rules in more of a clear form to pick a Supreme Court Justice. Is one available to be picked in an election year etc. 
This really needs to stand alone for the first amendment. 

Thoughts?
You are once again attempting to waste a lot of our time. Your premises are very unlikely, so debating your hypothetical scenarios do not seem to be worth the effort.

I am not a conservative who believes that the polls were wildly wrong in the 2016 presidential election. Most results were within the margin of error and shifting a relatively small number of votes among the battleground states could have easily given Hillary the election.

However, I am extremely suspicious of the current polls. I see absolutely no enthusiasm for the Biden/Harris ticket. Joe Biden is suffering from dementia and will likely be humiliated if he participates in the upcoming debates. Democrats have been supporting both Black Lives Matter and Antifa for months as they have made many American cities unsafe for decent American citizens. Democrats are also attempting to set the stage for chaos and widespread ballot harvesting with their mass mailing of unsolicited ballots across the country.

You assumption that Joe Biden will win the presidential election is very premature, and that is being charitable. The man becomes confused when reading any number large enough to be delimited with one or two commas. His staff is handing out questions to the media and he is trying to answer them using a teleprompter. The only thing certain about this election is that Democrats intend to attempt to steal it. Voter fraud on a scale never before seen in this country would not be necessary if the Democrat Party had the confidence that you have in Biden's ability to win a fair election.

New laws to govern elections would be a waste of time. Democrats in elected office do not follow existing laws now and there is no reason to believe that they would follow new ones. The Republican Party is not squeaky clean but it has never threatened violence and attempted to use intimidation to win national elections. Democrats have a long history of such tactics going back to their creation of the KKK. The color of the masks have changed but the tactics are eerily similar.
Messages In This Thread
Supreme Court Seat - by mr.fundamental - 09-20-2020, 11:09 PM
RE: Supreme Court Seat - by Hoot Gibson - 09-21-2020, 01:31 PM
RE: Supreme Court Seat - by ronald reagan - 09-22-2020, 08:19 AM
RE: Supreme Court Seat - by Hoot Gibson - 09-22-2020, 08:38 AM
RE: Supreme Court Seat - by ronald reagan - 09-22-2020, 09:18 AM
RE: Supreme Court Seat - by Hoot Gibson - 09-22-2020, 10:15 AM
RE: Supreme Court Seat - by Hoot Gibson - 09-22-2020, 12:30 PM
RE: Supreme Court Seat - by mr.fundamental - 10-16-2020, 08:39 PM
RE: Supreme Court Seat - by Hoot Gibson - 10-18-2020, 04:09 PM
RE: Supreme Court Seat - by mr.fundamental - 10-23-2020, 10:27 PM
RE: Supreme Court Seat - by Hoot Gibson - 10-24-2020, 10:19 AM