Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corona Virus
As I wrote in the National Emergency thread in the Political Forum, the Corona Virus Pandemic smacks of the apocalyptic age to come. And though pestilence is certainly part of that age, and though I believe the beginning of that age may well be upon us. I do not believe that this pandemic is any kind of direct gateway to the actual apocalypse. That is, I believe things will perk back up, even if not for long. I do nonetheless believe the emergence of the virus is to that end, revelatory. That said, there can be little question that there will come viruses and other kinds of sickness which will continue to threaten us. And as the Corona Virus has shown, they will wreak havoc. But according to the following verse, viruses stalking the earth don't pose existential or even the biggest threat. There is coming a time however, when man will suppose himself to have achieved greatness by his own hand. And he will celebrate in his own success. That is when destruction will fall suddenly on earth.

1 Thessalonians 5:3 (KJV)
3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

You see though man admittedly has come far in his universal quest to attain global unity, (globalism=Antichrist) he still has not arrived at the point mentioned here in Thessalonians. Though man believes he can control society, and his trust in science will one day bring him closer and closer to much longer lifespans. And though men actually believe they will one day soon control the weather of all things, (climate change). And though Mr Obama tried to rush things by declaring war as having been relegated to the 20th Century, they (men) still haven't quite got the lid on things well enough to proclaim "peach and safety" and thusly claim to have achieved the end of war. But they will make that claim, and one day soon with treaties and alliances all bound up like a walking pile of bandaids; One decidedly clever guy will stand before mankind courtesy of the worldwide media and make that very announcement. Antichrist may well say--- "Men and Brethren, the nightmare of war is now a thing of the past."

But not wanting to rush things myself, let us digress. The Lord is compassionate, not willing that any should perish. And He is therefore longsuffering, as other than His Word in which these things are spelled out to perfection, He shows us real time glimpses of what is to come by way of such foreshocks as the arrival of the Coronal Virus and one doozey of a financial shock to go with it. And by the way, the whole thing came upon us "suddenly" and despite what some of the leftist goofs would tell us, there is no way to prepare for that which has never been.

But men want to think they don't need God. That is their natural bent. America has turned her back on God and she has done so very openly. Trying to strike any mention of God from her laws and from her governmental buildings, from her money and from her town squares, and from her schools.

Jeremiah 4:20 (KJV)
20 Destruction upon destruction is cried; for the whole land is spoiled: suddenly are my tents spoiled, and my curtains in a moment.

J Vernon McGee---
"I say to you that we are in the same kind of position today as were those people in the days of Jeremiah. The nation at that time had rejected God, but the people were still making a pretense of following Him. Such a people will find themselves rejected by God and by the world. America is following that same path. We are not loved by the world today. After World War II we were the pious people who were going to bring democracy to the world. What have we done? We have brought lawlessness into our own land. Do you think we should bring lawlessness into the trails of the jungle as we have into the streets of our cities? Is that the kind of civilization we are going to bring to people?

We find ourselves despised by other nations. God said it would be that way. No people can pretend to be God-fearing, be hypocritical about it, and still expect the world to look up to them. God has ordered it that way. I know it is not popular to say this -- Jeremiah wasn't very popular in his day, either. I am not expecting to win any popularity contest. The chamber of commerce will never elect me to be the man of the year. They would rather give me the boot, I am sure. But I must tell you honestly the message of this Book: A people who turn away from God will find that God turns away from them."[Thru The Bible with J. Vernon McGee.]

God turns away no one who seeks Him. But the prophetic dark clouds have gathered, lightening iand thunder splits the skies. And while time yet affords the opportunity, my hope is that men will come to know Christ.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Messages In This Thread
Corona Virus - by TheRealThing - 03-17-2020, 06:06 AM
Corona Virus - by TheRealThing - 03-17-2020, 04:36 PM
Corona Virus - by TheRealThing - 03-21-2020, 05:25 AM
Corona Virus - by TheRealThing - 05-10-2020, 07:33 PM
RE: Corona Virus - by Calvin_Gordon08 - 12-29-2020, 11:56 AM
RE: Corona Virus - by TheRealThing - 07-21-2021, 09:55 PM
RE: Corona Virus - by vector#1 - 07-22-2021, 11:31 AM
RE: Corona Virus - by Old School Hound - 07-22-2021, 10:07 AM
RE: Corona Virus - by TheRealThing - 08-06-2021, 02:33 PM
RE: Corona Virus - by vector#1 - 08-06-2021, 03:15 PM