Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2016 KYMSFA State Championship Brackets
Wildcat18 Wrote:What is the enrollment for Shelby Valley? I'm assuming they pull from different elementary schools. Is that correct?

kids03 Wrote:A school the size of SV only has 20 kids and now down to 15 wow that's not good

Shelby Valley's middle school team pulls from Valley Elementray and Dorton Elementary, the two K-8 schools that feed into SVHS. Neither school has its own football field, so the combined team uses the high school's field/facilities.

Valley school has around 100 kids (boys and girls) per grade, while Dorton has a little less than half of that. I don't know what the official numbers are that SV turns in to KYMSFA, but I would guess the total number of boys they pull from would be around 140-150.

And yes, a roster of 20 (or less) is a little smaller than what you would hope for from one of the larger D3 schools. But it is what it is. When they're all healthy, there is enough talent in those 20 kids to field a good team.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Messages In This Thread
2016 KYMSFA State Championship Brackets - by More Cowbell - 10-03-2016, 09:45 PM