Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2015 KYMSFA State Championship Brackets Released
UPSCat4080 Wrote:First: Evarts draws from two schools that are near the middle enrollment wise in the county, so you were told wrong.

Second: Same conversation every year, but New Harlan draws from 5 elementary schools that include 1 school with a total 7/8th enrollment of about 15 boys. The regions are based on numbers and New Harlan's numbers categorize them as Division 3.

Get over it and quit crying.

http://education.ky.gov/comm/pages/harlan-county.aspx

I went ahead and looked it up. Evarts and BMES are the second and third largest elementary schools in Harlan. Cumberland is the largest. That would qualify as near the top. The five schools who combine to make up Harlan Patriots have a total enrollment of 1578. On the other hand the entire enrollment of Hazard's elementary school and junior high school is 638. 940 kids difference. I understand there are male enrollment numbers and all that, but I am also a reasonable human being and can gather that there would likely be a huge difference in student population to draw from between the two teams.
Messages In This Thread
2015 KYMSFA State Championship Brackets Released - by Redwolf - 10-13-2015, 02:39 PM