Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Write in Candidates"
While I think its disgusting that someone would run as a write in after losing a primary, I believe it should be allowed. When Leiberman lost his democratic ticket primary in Connecticut a few years ago, he ran as an independent in the general election and won. I believe that Smokey Hayes hit the nail on the head when they said that the primary system is rigged for the two parties.

I moved from Kentucky about 7 years ago, and was recently visiting the area and noticed that the Coroner race in Pike County was political. Why is that? Seems like a pretty cut and dry position, and probably shouldn't even be an elected one. Appointment by the judge-executive might be the better route.

Also, most states have elected Sec. State, Attorney Generals, Treasurers, Agriculture commissioners, etc. It seems to me that states would be much better suited if they allowed the governor to assemble a team much like the president is afforded. In Kentucky, attorney general's aspire to become governor, and inevitiably they investigate the current governor. I mean, wallace wilkinson, breraton jones, Paul Patton, Ernie Flecther.... they all were investigated by their attorney generals. Seems like it'd make it tough to work with them.

Could you imagine if we elected the attorney general of the united states? No president would last more than a year or so without being charged with some felony for political purposes.

Just some ramblings.
Messages In This Thread
"Write in Candidates" - by RunItUpTheGut - 11-02-2014, 07:52 AM
"Write in Candidates" - by Smokey Hayes - 11-02-2014, 08:23 AM
"Write in Candidates" - by ronald reagan - 11-04-2014, 09:54 PM
"Write in Candidates" - by ronald reagan - 11-04-2014, 10:01 PM