Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hazard Appeals KHSAA Football Realignment
jetpilot Wrote:And I know that Phelps has been playing their home games at Belfry (Vipperman). Doesn't change the argument that distance and travel times are approximately the same for them either way. Bottom line: The KHSAA doesn't have a valid reason to agree with Hazard's appeal. Hazard's contention that the KHSAA can't read a map or use map software doesn't hold water in this instance.
Exactly. And let's also cut to the chase here. While the KHSAA will get very little love from me in many things, even I have to say they will look at two things only in their review of the appeal: 1). Look who is supporting Hazards move. Of course they are. They allmwant a better shot at winning at least a district title here and there. The letters of support will not be relevant in any way, shape or form. 2). Who travels and brings out good fan support for games, therefore making some money? Pikeville and Hazard. The though tha they would be pitting them against each other any earlier and perhaps knocking out a cash cow before they even get to a district title game does not make the KHSAA happy.

Leaving it like it is will make everyone the happiest. That being said, as a Pikeville Alum, I AM slightly insulted and offended that it appears Hazard is so eager to come over. But hey, I've never seen Pikeville back down from playing anyone on the field, so if it is changed, I'd say most fans would welcome them over. Phelps and all the others likely would not be so happy though. Lol
Messages In This Thread
Hazard Appeals KHSAA Football Realignment - by PHSForever - 07-11-2014, 01:07 PM