Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is going to be the new coach at Whitley?
Curly Wrote:Mr. RIUTG, as a new member I don't mean to be disrespectful but I have to disagree with you on the statement that you made about the Whitley County facilities. Compared to even the other district members they are second rate. Every other district opponent has turf, great locker-room and weight facilities. Whitley facilities are out of date, the visitors have to dress in the gym. The grass field has holes all over, the only thing you can say is they have great parking.

20 years ago it was good, but now days it is not that great.

I hope that whom ever is making the decisions on the new coach and his staff is very thougthful in their future deliberations.

No need to apoligize, we all have opinions.
I will agree that compared to other schools in our district (coal schools btw) there facilities are some of the best in the state.
However, let me remind you that turf sucks. Its extremely expensive, and completely different tha grass. Its also got to be replaced every 20 years, so where will that money come from?
Whitley has a great lockerroom and wieght facilities, and there is no need to make it better for "other" teams. They have plenty of room to dress.

4 or 5 years ago, Whitley was going to build a new stadium where the soccer fields are now. It was going to put other schools in this area to shame. It would have also been the biggest. But, they didnt want to move the field off campus, and to be honest, there would have been no parking up there. The only reason Whitley started a soccer program is because we had that land and nothing to go on it.

For you others who choose to wonder why i said premeir school to coach in the SEKY, because of location, location, location. South and North should be the same way, but there not.

Would you rather live in Corbin/London or pineville/mboro/harlan/whiteburg/hazard etc?

Seems pretty simple to me.
Messages In This Thread
Who is going to be the new coach at Whitley? - by RunItUpTheGut - 11-10-2013, 10:34 PM