Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KHSAA mandating middle school sports
HCS Wrote:If the student turns 15 after Aug. 1, he/she is eligible to play as an 8th grader. Some parents time that so the student starts kindergarten late. Some times they let them repeat kindergarten. Sometimes they let them repeat sixth or seventh grade.
You can't legislate that because it is not anyone else's business when a parent chooses for their child to repeat a grade and it's not fair to make it OK to do it in kindergarten and not in the 7th grade. If the student turns 15 on Aug. 2, does it really matter if that student started school late or held back in 7th grade?

I’m with ya. It’s no one’s business other than the parents of the child. They are operating within the rules! Most people probably complain because their kids got beat by someone the assume is a hold back or their kid isn’t getting playing time because another kid is better and might be a hold back. But all that those parents are concerned with is THEIR kid. So it’s ok for them to want the best for their kid but other parents don’t have that right?

College is also expensive. If holding my kid back gave him the slightest chance of receiving and offer to play sports, IM DOING IT!

To be honest, I’ll probably hold my kids back anyways. Especially the boys. It gives them another year to mature, which boys needs. Another year to improve, get stronger, possibly learn more or understand the material in school better, and frankly, just be a freaking kid for one more year of their lives. Everyone has that option, so stop crying “it isn’t fair” because it’s very fair.
Messages In This Thread
KHSAA mandating middle school sports - by BigEE - 11-14-2013, 01:38 AM
KHSAA mandating middle school sports - by HCS - 09-02-2019, 09:49 PM
KHSAA mandating middle school sports - by Hound05 - 11-14-2019, 04:20 PM