Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Cent VS. Paintsville Middle School
Kayaker Wrote:Well, obviously JCMS knows what it is doing with its program cause the proof is in the pudding. We have 2 teams cause if not you would have roughly 80-100 kids on a middle school team. With 2 teams you allow the 7th graders who normally wouldnt get PT until they are in 8th grade a chance to experience middle school football. They do practice against older players, often they have little scrimmages between one another in practice. This is in my opinion the best feeder program in Eastern Kentucky and you dont fix something unless its broke and 8 out of 10 Big Sandy Conference Championships isnt to shabby in my opinion.

I'm not doubting that they don't have the best feeder teams in EKY, but I think it all starts before they get to middle school. The creation of the JCAA or something like that where each feeder school to JC play one another was a good idea. I know that they have to know what they are doing over there because 8/10 championships isn't shabby by any means. Its just something I would like to see, obviously everyone else seems against it. I just think that in the long run it would just help build the chemistry between the players and have everyone on the same page as far as schemes go when they get to HS. They can go ahead and get aquainted and learn everyones moves and decisions that they make so they know what to expect when they get on the grander stage, and overall continue to build one of the rising powers in EKY football. Thats just my thinking, but like you said if its not broke, don't fix it.
Messages In This Thread
Johnson Cent VS. Paintsville Middle School - by Moose Nuck - 09-06-2006, 04:24 PM