Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KHSAA trying to do away with KYMSFA?
Academics should be #1 and well said Wildcat18 sometimes kids need sports to stay focused on school. But I'm going to go back to the number of games played. Obviously there is a point when it is too much but I can't see how you put an actual # value on it. Some smaller schools may not have as many kids on a team, and when you line up in practice you can't put a fromidable opposing team out there to challenge your starters, therefore at a point in your season after you've run fundamentals into the ground you have to challenge the kids. Alot of bigger schools who have good numbers can have beneficial practice times whereas others cannot. Also the multiple contact stuff in a week is bogus and I'll tell you why. At say Belfry for instance on the high school level, during the week when you have say a defensive day on Tuesday, then turn around and do Offense on Wed., then have your game on Fri. You've had 3 contact days that week, and trust me that Belfry's second team would probably be the third or fourth best team their starters would face all year. There may not be as much contact on that Tuesday or Wed as compared to Friday, but trust me there is plenty enough to know you've done some hitting. My point is there is no black and white answer to the question.
Messages In This Thread
KHSAA trying to do away with KYMSFA? - by NEXT - 01-02-2012, 01:03 AM
KHSAA trying to do away with KYMSFA? - by HKC#59 - 01-07-2012, 05:03 PM
KHSAA trying to do away with KYMSFA? - by Micro-Brew - 02-16-2012, 04:27 PM
KHSAA trying to do away with KYMSFA? - by KMSFA2 - 02-17-2012, 05:00 PM
KHSAA trying to do away with KYMSFA? - by KYMSFA - 03-02-2012, 06:42 PM