Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2011 7th & 8th Grade State Championship Favorites?
Ram-Fan Wrote:Here is the issue of GC football from someone who knows how the system works. It is great for them to play as a combined team in the conference because that gives them an advantage. But is also hurts them because that makes them a division 1 -large school in the playoffs. Yea you may be able to compete around here but when you gotta go play Johnson County and other schools in the division 1 class you are going to be in trouble. I remember in the 7th grade game this past fall at Lex Cath. One kid turned 15 on his birthday, that day. This was not at JC this was from another school down state. JC is just big and good, but what you will find and ask the current 8th grade Greenup team about their experience last year as 7th graders. There are quite a few kids in these bigger schools who are 15 in the 8th grade. Or 14 in the 7th grade, they turn that age during the season.
It falls in line with the HS rule of not turning 19 before Aug 1st, so they are legal, but when you start looking at the maturity level of a 11-12 year old playing against a 14-15 year old there is a big difference. KYMSFA has restrictions in playing and monitor it well. But as long as there is that big of a difference the playing fields are gonna be scewed......
Plus as Greenup finds out. you may be the big dog in the area but the door gets slammed hard when you hit the playoffs in the Division 1 class. I wish them luck this coming football season and can not wait to play against them. I think they will be a good game for the Middle School Rams this coming year.

:Thumbs: Good post and very, very true.I was not at the state 7th grade finals but some of our plyer and coaches were. There was one kids on the N. Laurel 7th grade team with a beard. It is hard to play straight up when lalot of others are not. Just keep your eyes on the bigger prize down the road in high school. the age difference 17/18 and 19 is not nearly as big as 12 to 14.
Messages In This Thread
2011 7th & 8th Grade State Championship Favorites? - by WILDCAT NATION - 02-28-2011, 11:03 AM