Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2011 #1 PG Marquis Teague commits to Kentucky
theVILLE Wrote:Ive done some research and from what i can find out Cal is associated with WWW and he can get the players with a contract for NIKE and a shoe deal...like Cal got a Marquis brother a contract with nike and promised Marquis one as well...Wes was also sited big with Lebron and got his shoe contract going...Makes perfect since as for why the big time players are coming to cal now

HAHA ....listening to UL fans lets you hear more conspiracy theories then the JFK shooting.

Do you have one inkling of hard proof showing that Cal himself provided a shoe contract to Teague, his brother, or any other past player of his? For that matter, cite me one article that even directly shows WWW getting these guys a contract.

You think Lebron getting a shoe deal has anything to do with anything besides the fact that LBJ is one of the single most hyped recruits and most marketable players to come in the league since Jordan?

I just find it comical how UL fans are crying foul when there is absolutely no conclusive proof Cal did anything shady:

- They cite his "last minute meeting", yet Teague openly said his father met with UC, UK, UL, and Indiana in the final days and he met WITH NONE OF THE COACHES. The reason for the meeting was for his father to give the news in person to each coach that he had made his decision.

- They say that Lebron called Teague at the last minute... Teague was asked in his press conference to which he said "I wish he would have... that would have been cool".

- They say Cal only appeared at the last minute..Cal has been after Teague for about a year now. As soon as he arrived at UK he pursued Teague and the reason teague postponed his first announcement directly dealt wit Cal becoming the UK Head Coach.

- They say Cal did under the table tactics to get him. PITINO HIRED HIS COACH AS AN ASSISTANT!!!!!!!!!!!! Pitino was using dirty tactics on the table (in more ways than one..Heeeyyyyooo!)

- Card fans say that his brother convinced him only because he got a shoe deal. Keep in mind...his brother also chose NOT to play for Pitino and instead went to Wake Forest. That tells me that the odds of Pitino (who has NEVER put a PG in the NBA lottery as far as I can remember) getting a glowing endorsement from Jeff Teague...who plays numerous games against Cal prodigies in the NBA.... were not in his favor from the start.

- UL fans claim Teague has been a lock all along and are shocked that he suddenly had a flip-flop at the last second. The fact is he has postponed committing to UL TWICE since Cal came along. Pitino has a great relationship with Teague's father, but it is very clear that Teague chose the school who would best help his chances of getting to the NBA. The late information on Tuesday suggesting Teague to UL came from either UL outlets or from pure rumors. Jerry Meyer from Rivals said throughout he felt Teague was going to UK.

I just feel bad for Teague's old coach on Pitino's staff...he is going to be relegated to being Pitino's bodyguard for his next Porcini's escapade now.
Messages In This Thread
2011 #1 PG Marquis Teague commits to Kentucky - by EKUAlum05 - 04-23-2010, 03:17 PM