Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry Central 61 - Knott Central 54 (OT)
alc88 Wrote:I am a KCC fan, but I feel a very unbiased one. The call against Davis was the right call. He extended his arm and pushed off before he took the shot. That being said, this was allowed to occur all night long from both teams. The difference in the game, in my opinion was a bad coaching decision by Knott in the 3rd quarter. Knott switched from man to man to a zone defense. Perry Cenratl hit three 3's and a 2 in about two and a half minutes. Up to that point Perry had only one open look at a three and that came after the defender fell down. Knott was in control of the game at the point but Perry came back and took the lead while in the zone. I think that Knott wins the game if they stay man to man. Both teams are very evenly matched although they score in different ways. The team that gets the breaks will win the game. By the way, the no call against Tate in overtime was pathetic. He drove into the lane, pumped faked, the defender jumped into the air,Tate leaned in and the defender landed on top of him knocking him to the floor while he was shooting, an nothing was called. The players from both sides had stopped playing until Perry realized that the whistle hadn't blown. These are the two best teams in the 14th. That doesn't mean that one of these will win the 14th.

When Knott went zone, it did open up 3 point opportunites for Perry. But when they was in man, Cornett/Martin, did pretty much what they wanted to in the paint. Knott's really not a great defensive team, so they really have to pick there poison.
Messages In This Thread
Perry Central 61 - Knott Central 54 (OT) - by Aslan - 01-29-2010, 10:30 AM
Perry Central 61 - Knott Central 54 (OT) - by EKY - 02-02-2010, 07:58 AM