Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'Godless' billboard greets I-71 drivers
congressman Wrote:I think you missed my point completely. You referenced the declaration as being unique, although it points toward anything other than a Godless nation. The belief that kings get their power from god has been universally held up until this point, and through the forming a new nation, this would be changed to a popular government. But what we see, is that Washington was offered a monarchy himself. Thus, not being radically different than the pre-USA governments. He declined, thankfully.

Now, if you do your studying, you'll come to realize what this federal government is... its a union between sovereign states. Of which, all 50 now point to God in their constitutions. The reason the federal government isn't involved in religion, is because all the states were and most likely always will be. The premise of my post, is that you're arguement at best, is weak. At worst, horrible.

To say that this nation wasn't founded as a christian nation, is somewhat misleading. You can realistically say that the federal government however isn't in the business of religion, or the union between the states aren't 'christian bonds'. But the founders of the states, intended it to be a christian 'nation'. They just kept it out of the federal aspect, because all the states had already done it. There is no need for the fed gov to restate a position already held in the hearts, minds, and votes of the people.

I agree with you idealism 100%:Clap:
Messages In This Thread
'Godless' billboard greets I-71 drivers - by nky - 11-11-2009, 10:31 AM
'Godless' billboard greets I-71 drivers - by padd4pirate - 11-13-2009, 06:32 PM