Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 10 Middle School teams in the MTNs.
In three of the games I saw (vs. Barren, Moss and Warren East), they played the starters for less than a half (sometimes just 2 series) and then put in the subs. It could have been the competition they were playing at the 8th grade level that dictated their strategy with regard to who was playing in which game or both. The other game I saw was a 7th grade only bowl game (can't remember who they played) and the starters played about a half as well. Our team never played them last year. But, our team had 14 7th graders that played 8th grade ball as well. 4 started on offense and 5/6 started on defense for the 8th grade team and played half to 3/4s of the 7th grade game also.

I saw Bowling Green play Barren Co. last night (won 40-8). The starters played the first half (32-0 at halftime). They ran a basic wishbone and had a lot of success with a fullback counter through the 3 hole. They ran that play 4 times in the first half and scored 3 touchdowns. The other 1st half touchdown came on the opening kickoff when they returned Barren's onside kick for a TD. No doubt, they are a great team and the team to beat in KY this year. But, they're not unbeatable. A team with good speed and gap discipline can give them a good game. Moss is the only team on their schedule, that I've seen play, that might have a chance to beat them (even though BG crushed them last year). Franklin Simpson might be able to give them a game as well, but I haven't seen them play.
Messages In This Thread
Top 10 Middle School teams in the MTNs. - by tcb - 08-18-2009, 10:20 PM
Top 10 Middle School teams in the MTNs. - by 11hdcp - 08-26-2009, 11:29 AM
Top 10 Middle School teams in the MTNs. - by tcb - 08-26-2009, 01:15 PM
Top 10 Middle School teams in the MTNs. - by tcb - 10-03-2009, 10:22 PM