Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who do you think will leave UK next year?
More Cowbell Wrote:Also would like to remind everyone that out of UK's top 10 players this year (Meeks, Patterson, Stevenson, Porter, Harris, Miller, Liggins, Galloway, Harrellson, and Stewart), someone has to leave. Why? Here's the math:

UK only has 13 scholarships available each year. There are 3 new freshmen coming in next season, meaning that 3 schollies have to open up to make room. So where do they come from?

- First off, I'll point out that Matt Pilgrim, who is sitting out this year as a transfer, is already on scholarship as one of the 13 this year. So even though I did not count him as an incoming player next season, his addition does not directly affect this situation.

- Jared Carter is a senior, so that makes one (and don't even mention about him possibly applying for a 5th year medical redshirt - no way Billy G. goes along with that).

- Donald Williams (who?) is also on scholarship this year. Seeing as how he has yet to get into a single game this year, I can't imagine he'll still be taking up a spot next season. If he doesn't decide to leave, I assume he'll be asked to walk on.

- And here comes the tricky part, finding that last spot. Does Meeks or Patterson go pro? If not, then someone else will leave, voluntarily or not. Liggins would seem to be a prime candidate to transfer. I could also see Stewart or Harrellson leaving due to lack of playing time. Galloway is probably also unhappy with his P.T., but he will be a senior next year so a transfer is less likely.

It will be interesting to see how this situation plays out. Hopefully Meeks and Patterson both stay, as I would much rather UK have the problem of too many players than the other way around.

Someone knows what they are talking about.
Messages In This Thread
Who do you think will leave UK next year? - by Benchwarmer - 02-23-2009, 10:17 AM