Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Freshman Football Players in the Mountains
cougarpride08 Wrote:Logan Johnson by far is the best freshman right now.
maybe on lcc team, and position wise (qb) HE MAYBE very good ,but saying, by far the best freshman is ridiculous. There are 11 different positions on each side of the ball and I'm sure there are freshmen better at their positions, than him trying to play (out of position )in 10 other spots on the gridiron.Take for instance, Kristian Skyles of Sheldon Clark, a freshman RB/LB, (FOCUS HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL COMBINE AWARD WINNER as the top freshman) runs 4.70 40yard dash, bench press(185 lbs. reps) 14 times, max 275 lbs. these stats are not team or coach biased they are actual results from the combine. B.J. Jarrell, Sheldon Clark, QB/S, another outstanding freshman. Both of them play major roles for the varsity team on special teams and defense. J.J. Jude from Johnson County, another freshman that starts at corner for the varsity team.Joseph Jamerson , Prestonsburg, WR/DB. Those are just a few, I'm sure Logan Johnson is in that catagory, but there are good freshmen playing on teams such as Belfry, Perry County, Breathitt,Hazard, Russell,etc. This is a credit to their middle school and youth programs. I would really like to see all of this freshman talent play on an Eastern KY allstar team.:thumpsup:
Messages In This Thread
Best Freshman Football Players in the Mountains - by kp10 - 09-12-2008, 12:25 PM